Did I just lose my mucus plug? (TMI) 26 weeks, twins...

Sooo, I just went to the bathroom, and when I went to wipe I felt something like cold and goopy... And when I wiped it off it was almost like a really thick booger or something. I never lost my mucus plug with my daughter so I have no idea if I'm just having some weird discharge or if I should be concerned. I called my doctors office but he had already left, so I'm hoping that he gives me a call later tonight. Like I said, I never lost it with my daughter so I really don't know what it is, what it does, or what I should be concerned about. If I don't hear from my OB tonight, should I go to the ER? Will I be fine until tomorrow morning? Waaah :( ... your response is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

bellesmom0814

Asked by bellesmom0814 at 5:29 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, its your mucus plug.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 5:32 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It sound like it could be, but there is no need to go to the ER. As long as it wasn't a bloody show.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:32 PM on May. 2, 2011

• unless it was brown-ish with blood mixed in i think there is a safe bet it wasn't your plug and was just pregnancy discharge
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:32 PM on May. 2, 2011

• sounds like it.....i would go to the ER just to make sure that it is that and well make sure everything is okay...with ur babies...i hope all is well keep us updated..
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 5:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• As long as you are not leaking fluid you should be fine. My mucus plug was as you described but tinged pink. I would call your doctors answering service again just to be sure. If you start having pain or cramping go straight to the ER. I'm not sure if its true but I heard the mucus plug can grow back.
    damselphish

Answer by damselphish at 5:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• You should be fine. I lost mine with all my kids early too. I usually didnt go into labor for around 3-4 weeks after that happened. With twins you are 26 weeks, so 30 weeks would be early. As long as you are not leaking fluids, having steady contractions or other signs of actual labor you should be alright.

Answer by gemgem at 5:35 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Yes it can regenerate itself. And not all mucus plug is brownish with blood in it. You should be fine momma, just call your doc tomorrow.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:37 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Bloody show/ mucus plug is the same thing. Many women lose theirs long before labor. If you start bleeding, having contractions or your water breaks then get to the ER if not; you should be fine. I would let your OB know this because you are pregnant with twins so that does put more pressure on your cervix.
    Anonymous

• That's why I'm confused... i was at the doctor 2 weeks ago and he said my cervix was so perfect i could "brag to my friends" about it (LOL)... but just for the record ladies there was no blood, no pink tint or anything. it looked like part of a jellyfish lol. i havent even dropped yet so i'm hoping maybe i just exerted myself too much today cleaning, and it will regenerate itself? pray for me please!i want them to stay in the oven as long as possible.
    bellesmom0814

Comment by bellesmom0814 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It will regenerate. Just relax and put your feet up.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:59 PM on May. 2, 2011