What's a good gift for a girl's first birthday?

Asked by citykitty77 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A picture frame , something like birthday girl (anything that she can keep forever).. Or like a photo Album for big girl's. My little girl had like a baby photo album and I bought her just like a really cute pink one for picture's of her as a little girl and not a baby ya know? I don't know LOL I just think the stuff that you can use forever or the sentimental stuff is the best. Toys will break and they will only play with them for a little while.

Answer by TiffysBabies at 12:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• There is a alphabet magnet toy, comes with a place to pick and choose which letter you want to use and you plug it in to the bigger toy, it says the letter and then says the sound that goes along with it. It also has the alphabet song. I have purchased this toy for the last 3 of my children. They carry it around all the time, sing the alphabet song and LOVE IT...(sorry I don't remember what it's called) I think it's by VTech.

Answer by mykidskickass at 12:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter loves books. So I would say hard cardboard books, that they can't rip apart. Or maybe a baby doll, or bath toys.

Answer by mom2kammy at 12:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The Fisher Price Learning home is a hit at every 1st birthday party (about $65 at Toys R Us). Other girl gifts are a baby doll with stroller (for the new walker and under $30 at TRU) or since it is summertime a little inflatable pool with a size 12 month bathing suit (Wal-mart has a great toddler pool for under $10). Toys R Us also has a line of pink toddler toys to check out.

Answer by Mommy-Andrea at 1:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter got likse 4 or 5 differnt dolls and she plays with them all. You cant go wrong with a "baby" Most kids even little boys i know love them!

Answer by leeleesmomma at 2:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• A charm bracelet where you can add a new charm every year.

Answer by momto1727 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

Answer by taleyu1432 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my girls got Mega Blocks and the Wagon that goes with it, they love them and played with only them for like 2 weeks after their birthday.

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2008