How bigs your two year old? Venting....

I have a friend who every time I go over tells me how fat my DD is or that shes got a big butt! It makes me so mad! Her kid is underweight to begin with (doctor says)! If I say anything at all about her kid or ask she snaps back with "well all kids are different". No shit so stop telling me how fat my baby is because she eats! Shes 37 - 38 inches and weighs 32lbs. She has even started commenting on how fat my 8 month old is and shes only breastfeed! I think a lot of it is that she jealous, because we have a new house and I drive a new car. My SO works hard for what we have! And that she doesn't like my oldest DD's bio dad who isn't around, who she introduced me too! But you can't hold that against the baby, I hate him too but shes the best thing that came out of that relationship. I don't know why she feels it necessary to say such ignorant things about my kids. She even told me that when my two year was born her MIL told her my baby was disgusting and she has the grossest fat cheeks shes ever seen. Who the fuck says that about a baby! And why would she tell me that! When I had people come up to me strangers and ask to take a picture of her because she was the prettiest baby they ever saw, I know my baby is freaken cute! I don't think I can be friends with her anymore, I don't want my kids around such a mean spirited person....

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 6:00 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 year old is 39lbs
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 6:01 PM on May. 2, 2011

• If she makes you THAT uncomfortable, let her go. Furthermore, her opinion doesnt matter! She may be jealous of your childs size, but she'll just have to get the f*** over it. If her company is good, when she starts to comment on whatever it is about your kids, just excuse yourself. She'll get it sooner or later... its that or slap her. lol
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 6:06 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My boy is 34 pounds & tall.
    Your so called friend should shut her pie hole I would be really annoyed.
    What is wrong with big healthy chubby babies?? nothing! probably a jealous card as you said.
    GL!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:08 PM on May. 2, 2011

• she sounds nasty . friends dont say that about you kids
    my toddler is tall and skinny as he is hyper and dont eat much i am desprite to get weight on him but he helthy so no ones worried and i can tell you having a skinny kids a bit of a pain the the bum as nothing fits him on the tummy he got long legs so everything needs belts
    i bet your little girl beautiful
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:09 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Find another friend.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:11 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Don't let your friend undermine your mothering skills or make you feel bad. If it wasn't your child's weight, it would more than likely be something else...she's unhappy with herself and taking it out on you.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 6:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My 5 and 2 yr old fluctuate between 27 and 32 pounds they are 2 y/o is 35in and 5 y/o is 38inches.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't want her around my kids.....kids pick that stuff up, and if she's calling your kids fat they're going to hear and feel how it makes you feel. It's better that you keep yourself away from people like her because it seems as though all she wants to do is tear you down instead of making you feel good about yourself.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 6:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My 19-month-old is 21 pounds, but I know he's small for his age. Even if your DD WAS fat (which it sure doesn't sound to me like she is), that's really rude of your friend to keep badgering you and insulting your kid. I sure wouldn't want to be around her anymore!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My child will be 3 soon. I haven't measured her height in awhile, but she weighs 23lbs. She has a check up soon and I will find out if she has made it on the growth chart (she has never been there). I would say that you need a new friend. BTW my DD needs belts for almost everything she wears.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:41 PM on May. 2, 2011