Do you think all of the brouhaha over Bin Laden's death is a good thing for America?

I am afraid all of this "celebrating" might bring bad mojo ~

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:36 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Using this quote a lot today.

”I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.”
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:37 PM on May. 2, 2011

• If you mean will it put our troops in danger, I'm kind of tired of hearing that. Our enemies have already successfully impacted our freedom by making us afraid to say or do anything insulting to them, while they freely celebrate and demonstrate against us. We sanction our own people rigorously for any kind of anti-muslim activities and shake in our boots that they might hate us. Good grief! They already hate us, they are going to look for every excuse to destroy us, I wish we would just act on principal and stop worrying about offending them.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Trust me, its a good thing. As a New Yorker, we were already in for it when people had to jump out of windows 100 stories up.
    Be brave! Terrorism is part of the new world.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• yes i think its great to bring justice to the nearly 3,000 people killed in the 9/11 attacks.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:39 PM on May. 2, 2011

• wtf 'finally' had the guts to retaliate? Are you effin kidding me gerp!? We HAVE been..or rather our troops have been retaliating for years now! Oh yeah I forgot the only part that matters to you is during Obamas presidency...right damn what was I thinking? I guess my family who has been in the M.E. will have to thank youf ro setting them straight..they weren;t really retaliating until last Sunday.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:06 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I have to agree with you, OP. I don't like all of the footage of college kids smiling and chanting. This event should bring relief, not Mardi Gras. I get the feeling that most of the people we are seeing are, frankly, drunk, and are a bad representation of the seriousness of this whole event.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:49 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It's a done deal, and good news for the entire world.

Now we need to stop the partying like it's 1999 and get back to more pressing issues, like the economy, jobs and the debt-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:06 PM on May. 2, 2011

• OP, it's terrorists who bring bad mojo ... and they bring it (always have, always will) regardless of what we do, what we say, what we laugh at, or what we cry over.

Personally, I'd rather we work concertedly to try and make every single one of them simultaneously so angry that they either implode or explode and get it over with. Why should Americans walk around on egg shells or forever double check their words because somewhere, some Muslim might be offended? Do you honestly CARE what someone who can't come up with a better solution than to kill other people as a way to 'solve' their problems thinks?

I don't. I just wish they would learn to go explode in the middle of an empty field somewhere instead of among crowds of strangers. If I could find the magic genie's bottle, I'd also wish that they would prearrange someone to sponge up their mess and that they were sterile and couldn't breed.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:27 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Trust me, these Bin Laden questions are stupid. Who cares that an asshole died? Assholes die everyday. It didn't bring justice for anyone and if you say it did then you're a bigger idiot that the people who post all of these damn Bin Laden questions.

Answer by Anonymous 2 minutes ago
    Only a stupid person would answer a question They thought Was Stupid! The Asshold didn't just die, he was killed. My family for one is grateful!!!!!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:54 PM on May. 2, 2011

• @Anon- who the hell are you to say something that ignorant? clearly you don't have any deceased family members that perished in the 9/11 attacks, or have any relatives or friends that served in the wars to follow, or you just aren't an American. please explain to me how the death of a man who ordered the terrorists attack which led to the death of 3,000 Americans is NOT justice?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:56 PM on May. 2, 2011