Coloring my hair....

I have black hair but I'm thinking of coloring it blond or light brown how can I do this? My mom said I could buy a highlighting kit and do my whole head and then. Go from there what do you guys think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• If you have black color in your hair, especially drug store box color, good luck trying to go blonde. I am a professional and I'll tell you right now, you will not be able to go blonde. You could go brown or red, or copper, but not blonde. It will be orange, damaged and patchy. My clients that went from black to blond had to do it over time, and it took about 6 foiling sessions, and the hair is usually pretty damaged from it. Go to a professional, and see what they say.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• you can't go from black to blonde at home. go to a salon unless you want orange hair!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree Going from a Dark to a light hair color Is hard on its own .. Go to the Salon It will Turn A color You really dont want Trying it alone With Dyes
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 7:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• what Musicmom80 said
    *I graduated cosmetology school
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:46 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I have black hair and when I was younger I spent way too much money on at-home kits trying to go lighter. Now I have it done professionally and I have to say it's completely worth it to know that the best products will be used by a professional and it's going to look good. If your hair health is important to you go to a salon or even a beauty school. It'll be cheaper and there are teacher there to make sure things go well.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:43 PM on May. 2, 2011

• What musismom80 said she is more that right!!!!
    mommi4two

Answer by mommi4two at 9:04 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Ditto butterfly's response.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:20 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I would do highlights if you aren't totally comfortable with changing your hair all the way and it will give you time to get used to it. Plus if you don't like it isn't your whole hair and easy fix.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 12:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2011