does one day really make a difference to take a pregnancy test?

I tested today and it was - COuld it be possible to get a + tomorrow? My doc told me to wait to test until Friday and this morning I couldn't stand it anymore.... what u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Wait a couple of days. It's better than testing every day until you have enough hormones to turn it positive. When I found out I was preg, I took a test which was negative, then about 2 or 3 days later I got a positive. Good luck!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I think your doc should have asked you to come to the office and get a blood test done ;) Serious, why wasting money on tests all the time, when the doc has to make a blood test anyway. I would just wait a few more days though, not just until tomorrow.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I think I read that your hormones double overnight. I'd wait until tomorrow and take it first thing in the morning when your hormones are the densest in your urine.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Dont take it daily, a blood test will be most accurate.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yes, it can make a difference- the HPT is looking for elevated hormone levels that are associated with pregnancy- these levels don't jump up right after you have sex...it takes a while- test on Friday as per your doctor and you may get a totally different answer. The closer to your expected menstral cycle the better- from the day your ms is due on, you are going to get a 99% def answer YES or NO : ) Good luck
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• one day will NOT make a difference. wait at least a week until you take the next one. then your body should be storing enough hormones to tell you for sure on a test. ( that is what my ob told me when i thought i was preggo)
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 8:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Your HCG level doubles each day, so yes, it could make a difference, but try to wait it out. Also, try taking it first thing in the morning. That first pee when you first get up is the most concentrated. FYI, the blood test isn't anymore accurate than urine. They use the same test, and it requires the same levels to show up positive as a home test. The only time they do the HCG quantitative test (where they actually measure the hormone level) is if you either ARE pregnant, and they need to know how far along you are, or it you have been pregnant, and are possibly miscarrying. I work in a hospital lab, and I run these tests.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2008