Is it safe to dye your hair while pregnant?

I'm about 4 months pregnant and want to dye my hair, is it safe?

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• why risk it?
    you can get highlights if they don't touch your scalp

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:39 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Not in the first trimester ! I heard ! Afterwards I heard it was ok to do so But i never have ....

Answer by PrissyT at 7:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• you are fine to get your hair colored. If you are that worried then ask you doctor. Some people are wierd about doing anything while pregnant.

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:41 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i asked the same question and all the mom's that responded to my post said they had done it multiple times n it was fine there baby was perfectly healthy talk to your dr. to know for sure

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• it's fine as long as there is no ammonia in it. and you can trust my answer i am a hairdresser.

Answer by TaylorBaby at 7:44 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I heard too that you should not do it. I would defently talk to mu doctore before doing it. But honestly I would just NOT do it. Even if theres just a tiny risk of anything I would not wanna do it.

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:44 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My dr said it was perfectly safe and so did the hair stylist.

Answer by cherylw993 at 7:58 PM on May. 2, 2011