Who Should Cook?!!!!!!!!!

Me and my SO both work outside the home full time. My SO gets off early on Mondays but not the other days of the week. I do the cooking Tuesday-Sunday. I only freaking ask that he cooks on Mondays. So I come home, he's on his ass watching tv. He's like "I have a headache." Big deal. If I didn't cook every time I had a tiny ass problem like that, I'd NEVER cook. Is it wrong of me to expect him to cook on Mondays or am I totally tripping?

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 7:57 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm the cooker/baker in our home.... if it's an issue to where it's pissing you off just throw something in the crock pot before you both go to work. Some men just don't cook, just like some women do not cook at all..... and haven't you learned yet that men are big babies when it comes to pain???
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:58 PM on May. 2, 2011

• No, I don't think that's unreasonable!! Pick your battles. Personally, I'd just let him fend for himself that day if that's the way he's acting.... go make your self something quick and easy that you like. He'll get the hint eventually.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:00 PM on May. 2, 2011

• He's just lazy, don't let him get away with that. On Monday eat on the way home and he can just be on his own for dinner.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:10 PM on May. 2, 2011

• You're not asking a lot at all. He's being a lazy bum! I would grab myself some food before I get home and let him make something for himself, he can learn the hard way.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I like your thinking!
    emmyandlisa

Comment by emmyandlisa (original poster) at 8:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• You both work so you both should cook.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Yup I know how you feel. My husband never cooked when he got home first. He would be sitting in the office or the sofa and say I just got home. What a bunch of bull. Now I'm a sahm so I do it all. But he does do the dishes ...sometimes.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 8:37 PM on May. 2, 2011

• The point is the whole division of labor needs to feel fair to both of you...it's fine if one person does all the cooking so long as the other pulls their weight in other areas...for example, growing up my mom always cooked, but my dad always did the dishes.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 8:39 PM on May. 2, 2011

• No, it is not asking too much for him to cook one night a week. If it were me I would either buy a few frozen dinners or fixings to make myself a salad or a sandwich so that next time he pulled his 'headache' routine I would leave him on the sofa and go in and fix my food and let him fend for himself and make his own food. Or you could stop on your way home from work and pick something up or do a drive thru.... and buy enough just for you and make him fix his own food. Maybe if you do that often enough he will get the hint and start taking some responsibility and cook on Mondays.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:02 AM on May. 3, 2011