I think my son has a stomach bug. he had 3#2 accidents today. ds is 3 and half yrs old. is it bad i put him in a diaper

?

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 7:59 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• If he is already trained, then, yes...I don't think it would be good for his self esteem.

Just let him know it's ok since he is sick and to try to go or ask for help going. If you have to, put a potty chair in the room he's in.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Yes. It could lead to regression and you'd have to pt all over again. I would get some of those plastic underwear covers. That way he is still in his big boy underwear but contains the mess, at least a little.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:18 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Been there, and done that. Never had any regression issues after. I see nothing wrong with it. Just make sure to still encourage him to go in the potty. Diarrhea can be very acidic so if you can get him to the potty and avoid it touching his skin that would be best. But really, I've never had any issues. WE have 5 kids, and last time my almost 4 yr old had a bug we put her in diapers till it was over and we had no issues at all.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:28 AM on May. 3, 2011