When to stop using a bassinet?

My dd is 2 months old and she uses a bassinet. I keep the bassinet in my room but she does have her own for when she gets older. 2 questions. When should I stop using a bassinet and when should I move her into her own room.

LadyLili

Asked by LadyLili at 8:10 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Usually when they start rolling over on their own, it is time for them to move to the regular baby bed.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 8:13 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I think they say to stop using the bassinet when the baby is able to roll since the bassinet isn't made for this and usually at 3 months people take the baby out of their room and put them in the nursery. However it is up to you. I think it's when you feel comfortable. With my first daughter she was 6 months old and my new baby is 3 months and still in the bassinet. We do not have furniture for our 3 year old so she is still using the crib but in the daybed form.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 8:13 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Look at the bassinet manufacturer website and see what the weight limit is for it. As far as when to move her into her own room I think that just depends on you.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:13 PM on May. 2, 2011

• When they can push them selves up, since bassinets are typically shallow. After mine grew out of their bassinets, I moved their pack and play in to our rooms since I didn't want to move them out yet... I moved them. Into their own rooms at about 6 months. ( I tried talking hubby into moving our firsts crib into our room, but it wouldn't fit :/
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• it should depend on the bassinet.... most have their own age, weight, or length criteria. In general though if she is even close to starting to sit up I'd ditch it. Better safe than sorry.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• When she can roll over and move around, stop the bassinet.

If you still want her close, you can pull one side off of her crib and push it up to your bed so she can sleep close and still have room. She can stay in your room as long as you like. My son slept in my bed until he was 4 or 5.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:35 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I took my DD out of her crib when she started to roll over. And as for the own room, she still sleeps in ours and she's 7 months almost 8 months. She is my first so I am paranoid. I want to be able to see her as soon as I wake up. I'm considering letting her sleep in her own room when she's 8 months+ because she'll be out of the high risk for sids.
    MacisMommy91610

Answer by MacisMommy91610 at 8:49 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Bassinet* not crib haha
    MacisMommy91610

Answer by MacisMommy91610 at 8:55 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I stopped at 1 month, my son just seemed uncomfortable in it.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:11 PM on May. 2, 2011