How can I naturally bring on labor...BEFORE they end up inducing me? I need real answers please!

I am not a whiner or a complainer- please READ my situation so you know why I am asking this! This is my 3rd baby. Currently I am almost 34 weeks. I have diabetes- I had it with my other 2 children as well and was on insulin. This pregnancy has been my hardest and on top of having diabetes - I had a condition for 3 months of this pregnancy that has puzzled doctors...now they think I may have a tumor on my pituatary or in my pancreas that has caused hypoglycemia- on TOP of having diabetes. It's been a crazy and scary kind of pregnancy- however the good news is that the baby seems healthy. However- it is big- at 30 weeks it was measuring 5 lbs. I am small so this is a big concern.- Especially since I almost died delivering my son 4 years ago who was almost 10 pounds born at 37 weeks 4 days (I was induced due to the diabetes with him as well). I am very scared now. I had hoped that moving last summer to Colorado and being at a higher altitude would make the baby a bit smaller-- but the perinatologist said the altitude is not affecting the baby at all - it is growing like a sea level baby. I am on insulin- an typically they do not want you to go past 39 weeks...and like to induce a bit earlier because of certain risks... They are telling me the plan is to possibly induce at 37.5 as long as there is an amnio done to show lung maturity. I am thinking about discussing induction at 38 weeks instead- and risking the size situation-- I am so stressed about this- ( I truly cannot handle another large birth- I hemmoraged very badly and needed a blood transfustion and I was so torn up that I had to see a pelvic floor specialist and a urogynocologist for a year afterwards- I also had vagimusis from this. Luckily- my son was fine- but it could have been a bad situation for him. This baby is measuring LARGER than he did at the same gestation. I would like some real suggestions on how to naturally go into labor - so that I don't have to get induced... any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Why not opt for a scheduled c-section since you grow big baby's?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i say listen to the docs. Not only are you high risk but you also have two other kids to think about. have the baby at 37 weeks, a few days wont help or hurt you at that point. Pray for the best for you and your family.
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 8:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My suggestion would be to opt for a C-section. If there's that many issues and you had that much trouble last time I would take that route to be sure nothing happens to either of you. :(
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't think at that point your baby our body is ready to deliver so no matter what you try naturally it is not going to help. I know that is not what you want to hear but the more natural avenues are only going to work if your on your way to labor anyways.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:51 PM on May. 2, 2011

• A C- section also has plenty of risks as well... and I don't heal well... I also should have had a c section with my son-- but I got put into a very bad situation in a military hospital and I feel like I had vaginal deliveries with both of my children (both induced at 37.4 days... and to have a c section at this point and get cut open and have the baby surgically removed is also a bad maybe even worse option than getting induced...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• ok so does anyone have any answers to the question- what are some natural ways to get things going --- preferably ones that you have tried in the past and worked? I won't do castor oil or anything harmful...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:54 PM on May. 2, 2011

• The ONLY natural things that CAN help are walking, sex and nipple stimulation and the ONLY way they will even begin to work is if your body and your baby are ready.

BTW, there was a lady that naturally delivered a 13lb baby in 4 hours recently, it was her first and he wasn't over his due date. So, it can be done, probably, baby was turned a little funny.
    Try to get on all fours when you are in hard labor, this will open your pelvis by 20% at least.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:00 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Nothing works every single time. I tried everything, besides castor oil. Waing pineapples spicey food, bouncing on a birthing ball... My dd was still induced @ 42 weeks. Why not google this?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:17 PM on May. 2, 2011