How can I lower my fasting blood sugar?

I am a type 2 diabetic - 10 weeks pregnant. My Dr would like my fasting glucose to be 95 or lower and my 2 hour after meal blood sugars under 120. I am able to keep my after meal numbers under control but I am having difficulty with the fasting numbers ( I am usually around 100-110) Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

katiebug29

Asked by katiebug29 at 8:46 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• cinnamon, add to oatmeal or something and water.... 2 glasses quickly, wait 5 mins and drink a 3rd. go pee..... it flushes the sugar out.
    Aunt takes insulin shots and hers is still off the chain high too.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 9:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• if u absolutely need to have sugar in any of your foods they actually sell sugar free sugar.. i know it sound retarded but they sell it at walmart,, i work in the pharmacy and we recommend it to alot of people prego or not.. good luck
    angelos_mama

Answer by angelos_mama at 9:43 PM on May. 2, 2011

• insulin shot or exercise.....check with your ob/gyn first though...
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 9:48 PM on May. 2, 2011