My son drinks Soy formula. He doesnt make a BM offten and it keeps him awake at night.....

My friends said its because of the formula is that possible? Also he isnt on Soy for any real reason, He eats Yo baby whole milk yogurt with no issues, should I slowly switch him to Regualr formula. I gave him prune juice a few days ago and he had a huge BM and slept all night......

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 8:48 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he isn't on soy for any other reason, then I would try switching to regular. My dd had no problems on soy making bms, but she was on it bc of health reasons
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:54 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I asked his DR, and he said if he eats the YObaby whole milk then its means he is okay on a milk based fomula. Should I mix the two together at first? 3 oz soy 3oz regular??
    MaMaTreZZa

Comment by MaMaTreZZa (original poster) at 8:55 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Always resort to soy last ESP. in boys. Soy has phytoestrogen's in it, and that increases estrogen. Well boys and girls THAT have a history of female cancers.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 12:57 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't feed my baby/kids soy anymore than I would feed them gasoline ... too dangerous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on May. 3, 2011