Getting off Birth Control/trying to get pregnant

How long should it take for my cycle to regulate after I stop taking birth control? When should I stop taking it -- at the end of a pack, after my monthly period, or does it matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I think in theory your cycle could go back to normal straight away but it won't, necessarily. I had been on the pill for about 7 years and it took 4 months for me to get my first period after stopping, and it was nearly a year before I concieved. Doesn't really matter when you stop although it would sorta make sense to stop on your period. Good luck!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I quit in the middle of a pack & got pregnant two cycles later.
    Anonymous

• it all depends on your body.
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 9:26 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I would not continue taking your pill when you have started your period. I think that is the best way to know that this cycle will be starting fresh. I dont know how long the hormones from bc take to leave your system but I got pregnant two months after coming off my bc. Hope this helps!
    fallenangel32

Answer by fallenangel32 at 12:18 AM on May. 3, 2011