What do you think about an apparent Indiana Planned Parenthood Coverup?

New footage released today from an undercover camera inside an abortion clinic in Bloomington shows Planned Parenthood staff deliberately violating the state's mandatory reporting laws for sexual abuse.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2113345/indiana_planned_parenthood_covers_up_sexual_abuse_of_13_year_old/
The footage shows Lila Rose, a UCLA student journalist and president of right-to-life advocacy group Live Action, posing as a 13-year-old girl. On tape, the nurse acknowledges her responsibility to report the abuse, but assures Rose she will not. The nurse says, "I am supposed to report to Child Protective Services," but tells Rose, "Okay, I didn't hear the age [of the 31-year-old]. I don't want to know the age."
She then instructs Rose how to obtain a secret abortion by crossing state lines in order to avoid Indiana's parental consent law.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• UH...OMG....People need to start doing thier jobs! This woman knew the rules and she broke them! Why? Because it would have been an inconvience to her to do the proper thing. She would have had to speak to CPS and prolly law officials. It would have just blew her whole day of sitting around on her arse doing whatever she wants and getting paid for it. I find it crazy that some people say "welfare people sit around on the butts and do nothing and take our money"! Well at least some take welfare and stay home and raise thier children. This lady was getting paid to "write prescription" (give directions) for minors to go get rid of babies they concieved with adults! This is a great undercover exposer- I say this woman should be kicked to the curb!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Here is the link again
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• jaw dropOMG!!!!!!!!!! That's bad.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• WOW!! Hope she looses her job! That's terrible!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• This is the town my in laws live in. My mil sent this to me, then I was in the car and Laura Ingaraham was talking about it. MESSED UP!
    I thnk Planned Parenthood should ANY/ALL lose government funding in Indiana if this is investigated and found to be guilty
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• How did a college student manage to pose as a 13 yr old girl? Anyway, not relevant I guess...ok..yeah that is very disturbing but..you have to think some young girls are volutarily having sex with guys too old for them. Not good. But its not "abuse". The man should know better then to mess with a young girl but some of them still do it. It sounds like in her own way the nurse was trying to help her. I dont think its right..but it was that nurses decided to help a young scared girl. not planned parenthood. the "girl" made a mistake too. she admits to it right? i know stuff like this does happen but when it does where are these kids parents at when they are having sex w/ an adult?
    Anonymous

• Anon, the problem is that she is supposed to report it. It doesn't matter if it's normal or something that happens all the time. There are LAWS that she is required to follow, laws which she chose to ignore. When I call the bank about our car loan, since I am not on the title to the car (yeah, don't ask me how that happened), they CAN'T give me information on the loan. BY LAW. So, why is it that a bank can easily follow laws that are much less important than a young girl's pregnancy by an older male? She has a responsibility to report, and she didn't. Furthermore, gave her information that would also prompt another felony (taking a minor over state lines). Amazing.  I have to wonder if this were to have been an actual situation, could she (the PP rep.) be arrested for anything?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Anon 2:02:
    My thoughts on your opinion
    (1) If you are a nurse with planned parenthood, you are representing the institution.
    (2) That nurse covers up by refusing to acknowledge the age of the male, AND by showing her where to go to get an abortion without parental consent.
    (3) Forget about the man in this scenario, the part of the nurse showing her how to lie to get the "problem solved", is ILLEGAL.

A question I have as well: Was there counseling offered to help the 13 year old get out of this "relationship" in this scenario?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Not shocked by this at all. I went to Planned Parenthood when at 21 I found I was pregnant. I went to get a pregnancy test and see what all my options were. I was given the options then the nurse told me abortion was really my only option since adoption was an awful experience and keeping a baby was insane. I said I needed to think about it and abortion was not an option for me I could not kill a baby. She said I would be a welfare mom sucking off the system or throw my baby away with adoption. She said women like me made her sick and I did not deserve to have children. She said abortion was created for someone stupid like me. I told her to back off and left. I reported her but nothing happened she is probably still bully young girls into abortions now. I went to a pregnancy crisis center and got the help I needed. I later miscarried and was unable to place that child for adoption.

Anonymous

• She said I would be a welfare mom sucking off the system or throw my baby away with adoption. She said women like me made her sick and I did not deserve to have children. She said abortion was created for someone stupid like me.

OH my gosh, Anon.  That's horrible.  What a horrible, ugly person to say such things.  I am glad that you followed your instinct and sorry for the pain it caused you.  Also, sorry for your loss.  I am sure that was difficult to deal with.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2008