Having a period 12w 1d Postpartum w/ft bfing? adult content

I was just going to the bathroom to pee, like I do everyday often and my underwear have blood in them. Not HEAVY blood, but not just little spots. when I do get my period, it's light. But with FT BFing I didn't think it'd come this soon? Also when I wiped there wasnt but a streak of pink? Any ideas, has this happened to anyone?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 9:26 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got my period at 6 weeks each time and I was EBF too. So it just depends on the woman. You could also have just some random break through bleeding. So many things that happen after having a baby and while breastfeeding are normal and we worry when we shouldn't. As long as you are not bleeding like crazy, you should be fine.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:39 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It could be a period, even with BFing some women start sooner, some don't. If not, it could be spotting for another medical reason. If it continues or there is pain associated with it, I'd go see a doc. If it doesn't continue longer than a normal period, then I'm sorry but you're prob just one of the unlucky ones.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 9:38 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Not all BF mom's have an absent period.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:39 PM on May. 2, 2011