Help im going to go insane!

Ok so about a month ago hubby , myself and our 2 year old daughter moved in with his parents...it was alright at first..but now that we have been living with them for a month its like they are always in our business....like for example if i wanted to talk to my hubby about something...i would talk low so nobody else in the house could hear me but then his Father looks in and asks what we are talking about..which gets me mad...but to make it worse if i called hubby outside to talk his father will follow right behind him....arg.......its really getting me mad..and i think his mom thinks i am the maid the woman spends all her time in her room on her cpu and then comes out complaining about how messy the house is...i donno how much longer i can bite my tounge....i am working so hard to get a job so we can get our own place....its driving me insane!
To make matter worse hubby got himself brain washed that all family's are like this ...so i am like sure if the couple is not married but we have been married 3 years ....we have no privacy in this house......arg....sry ladies i had to vent....what would you do in my situation!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I would talk to my husband about it and get him on the same page. get him to understand how you feeel and then sit down with him and his parents and let them know youre not kids crashing, you needed somewhere to stay and they allowed it BUT they are not your parents or anything, youre still adults. would they treat roommates or tentants this way? probably not. i would try to find space in the house to stay away from them.
    when my parents and i aren't getting along i take my kids to a different room to play or stay in their room upstairs. i try to keep my stuff and their stuff seperate (food and laundry etc) they need to know youre still a family, and you dont need babysitters or parents
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I sympathize completely because my IL's are the same way. We don't live with them but we literally can't have a conversation that they don't think they need to be a part of. We talk low, the entire room falls silent and some even shamelessly lean in to try to listen. If we go outside, less than 30 seconds later his sister and her boyfriend are following. It's unbelievable. And my DH also thinks all families are like this even though I've stated repeatedly that is not the case. Unfortunately I have no advice for you because they are not going to change. The only solution is to move out ASAP. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• boo! im sorry! just try to keep the sanity until you can move out! at least be happy they let you stay there
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 9:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It is never easy having to move back in with the parents after you an adult, especially being married and with kid(s). I think they should give you some privacy, you tow are adults and I dont really know why his dad is following everywhere, doesnt he have anything esle to do? I would say talk to you husband about it, let him know how it makes you feel and that not all families are like that. Maybe he can talk to his dad about it.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• That's so wacky! Buy a big-old-1980's boom box, turn it on whenever you want to talk to your husband!frustrated

Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 9:53 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I like the boom box idea.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:00 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I like the boom box idea too. lol but maybe hes coming in the room then saying I cant hear what you talking about, lol
    Hopefully things will change for you!
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• same thing happend to me, stand ur ground and tell them like it is.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 10:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I think I'd be getting nasty with the father, telling him that you are trying to talk to your husband.

Or, better yet, when he starts to ease drop, start talking real dirty to your husband (ya know, sex and whatnot). Maybe then he'd get the idea LOL.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:26 AM on May. 3, 2011

• ok I know you want to scream... it's hard not to when your under someone else's roof... I realize your an adult but do they
    the fil is probably bored and finally has some one to talk to besides your mil and so he's following your dh around like a puppy.
    suggest that they do some father son bonding .... clean up after yourself and your children keep your stuff sep. laundry clothes dishes etc. suggest that you take turns cleaning so that your sharing the work load don't let her make you the instant house keeper.. sit down with everyone and talk to them get everyone on the same page. sit down with a calender and set up nights that you cook and nights that she will. who ever doesn't cook washes dishes. stuff like tell them that you just want to be clear on the "chores list " so that the house is always taken care of and clean.
    traren

Answer by traren at 12:38 AM on May. 3, 2011