Baba drama

Do you let your baby drink a baba in their crib at night? We give our angel a bottle in her crib just before bed and im not sure whether its a good thing or not. She seems to be fine with it... although she has been waking up like 3-4 times a night all of a sudden.

idk... what do you mommys think?

aubre22

Asked by aubre22 at 9:50 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No I never did it, I always fed her myself and made sure she was burped before she laid down.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:55 PM on May. 2, 2011

• how old is she?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:00 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I never gave her a milk bottle on her own. I worried about bottle rot with her teeth. Once she got older I let her have a water bottle at night.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 10:01 PM on May. 2, 2011

• she's 7 months old..
    aubre22

Comment by aubre22 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My daughter and son both go to bed with sippy cups of milk at night. They drink their milk and fall asleep- I take the cups out when I go in to check in on them before I go to bed.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:11 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Nope. I fed him while holding him. At 7 months, he held a sippy cup and when it was finish, he went to bed. He was NEVER allowed to hold on while going to sleep. That will cause bottle rot in their teeth.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:23 PM on May. 2, 2011

• this was just asking for trouble..98% of the moms on here are going to say NEVER put your baby to bed with a bottle bc it will rot their teeth...I brush my children's teeth after breakfast and before bed..I took my 1st daughter to the dentist when she was 3 and guess what? NO CAVITIES. The dentist even said she couldn't tell that I let her go to sleep with a bottle until 2 years of age! No signs of decay :)
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 10:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My one step son was put to bed with a bottle of milk every nap and bedtime. At age 5, when his father got custody of them, he had to have 2 root canals and 2 teeth removed. The dentist said it was the worst case of bottle rot he had every seen

So, you can take the chance and hope you get lucky like some other mothers apparently did. Or you can play with their teeth and hope your child doesn't have to go through what my step son did. I personally decided it wasn't worth the risk and never let my other children go to bed with a bottle. Seeing that little boy cry with the pain he was in did me in on that one.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• letting DD have a bottle in her years of infantcy was the only way to get her to goto bed. She's 3 now, and has no cavaties. I think Juice and sugary drinks cause the bottle rot, because my friend let her 2 kids goto sleep with juice and they got bottle rot.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 12:53 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Bottles are only supposed to be given while someone is holding the baby. Prevents choking.. and messes in the crib from drips.

Waking is normal. I worry when they DON'T wake! Waking is a SIDS defense.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 PM on May. 3, 2011