How to just stop hearing about her!!!

Ok so my boyfriend, we have been together for about a year now and have lived together for about 8 months. This is where it gets weird..his best chick friend i guess is in love with his ex,which is in california..she is always talking about her and amanda(my bf ex) and him and what they use to do. I also get to hear this from my bf daughter. i am just tired of hearing about her-she is a ex.an ex is an ex for a reason.she is not the childs parent,they were together for maybe 7 months, what should i do? help me im growing tired of hearing it.

ldc90

Asked by ldc90 at 9:56 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• have you talked to him about it? SO hes the one talking about her still? Then he still has feelings for her.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• She may be an ex but she was still a part of his life and his friends' life. If you want someone without a past, you better move on to someone else.

Regardless that she is an ex, she will always be there and in his daughters life since it seems like she played a big role in who they are today.

Just be happy that she is an ex and he is with you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:00 PM on May. 2, 2011

• hes not the one, its his chick friend and his daughter
    ldc90

Comment by ldc90 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I think it is your mans place to talk to his friend about this situation and to put a stop to it.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:00 PM on May. 2, 2011

• but you know how exhausting it is..to hear it ALL the time...
    ldc90

Comment by ldc90 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i have never been jelouse of her, because i am happy and we are together,its just annoying
    ldc90

• If it's not an issue between you and your SO, maybe talk to his friend if you are cool like that and let her know that it bugs you that you speak highly of someone that treated the love of your life like dirt, and that you would like to start making new memories together instead of talking about a painful part of your boyfriends past...
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 10:06 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Dude I had the same issues when we went to my SO's bestfriend's house. My SO's bestfriend's brother would talk about his ex every single time I was around. One day we were all drinking and I got tired of it. We were playing beer pong, having a good time and my SO left the room to talk on the phone. The brother started up about this girl. I went off, lol I said "Dude, if you like her so much - go f*ck her. I'm his gf now and you need to respect me." LOL Keep in mind this was after months of hearing about "how great she was & how much my SO & her were "inlove" " ugh! Made me sick. I was so annoyed. He once told me "She's so pretty & tiny, way better than you." Ugh! I couldn't take it anymore. I don't blame ya girl. The friends he needs to put a stop to. The daughter - well that will quit with him. ya know ?? Good Luck, Hun. Take care.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 10:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I meant the daughter talking about her "will quit with time." LOL
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 10:21 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Def put a stop on it!!
    ms.grumppy

Answer by ms.grumppy at 1:56 AM on May. 3, 2011