Does it sound like my induction might be a success?

2cm dialted, 70% effaced. been contracting for 2 weeks. non stop for a week (like every 5 mins) monitoring showed baby handled all contractions well (of course these are not actual labor contractions) and i am 37 1/2 weeks (being induced cause my LO is not thriving) but she is extremely healthy in every other way other than being small! induction is tomorrow morning! im afraid she wont handle the pit contractions well, or i may need a c section!

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 9:56 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For your sake I hope so.

My induction took 32 hours before she finally came and I only started progressing when they broke my water.

GL!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• will say a prayer!! if dr thinks it's ok, then it should be fine. try not to worry, it won't help anything...Good Luck and God Bless you both!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:06 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I was 2 almost 3 cm dilated, and 100% effaced when I was induced. They started the meds @ 7:30 am and I had her @ 1:27pm that afternoon! Mine was fast, not at all bad. No one knows how you or your little one will react to the med. Hopefully for you and you little ones sake you little one will be strong and have zero problems!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:08 PM on May. 2, 2011

• thank you everyone :)
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• What # baby is it? As your body gets used to having babies, it gets easier to induce.

I had to induce my 3rd (well, I had medical reasons and practical), and I was at 2cm and failry well effaced, the induction lasted under 3 hours from start to baby out, with no increase in pitocin from their minimum setting. Fastest labor ever! But with your first, it can be slower

Try to get up and walk around. A trip to the bathroom really helped me.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:17 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Look up "Bishop's Score". That will give you an idea of how ready for induction you are?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:22 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Did you ask how they are inducing? I've had a few inductions. The best one was the one they used a suppository to thin out my cervix. I was dialating in my sleep. They were planning to add the pit to it, but they broke my water and she was out pretty fast! No pitocin needed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:11 AM on May. 3, 2011

• If they do not break your water first and the contractions dont dilate your cervix then you have the option of waiting a few days and trying again. Once your water breaks baby needs to be born within 24 hours or the threat of infection increases. try to stay sitting,standing or on your hands and knees. The more upright your position the better that gravity can help your labor progress. Good luck, hopefully all goes quickly for you.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 2:29 AM on May. 3, 2011