Has any been told you were having a boy then ended up having a girl or vice versa?

i am currently 5 months pregnant and was told at 17 weeks that i was 99% having a boy, i was a little sad cuz i already have 2 boys and really wanted this to be a girl for my last baby..anyways i had my 20 week ultrasound and was told by 3 diff ultrasound techs that i am 100% having a girl and was sooo happy!! i just wondered if there was anyone else who experienced this?! the first picture is the one that my dr said was a boy and the second is the girl picture!

angie5430

Asked by angie5430 at 10:17 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yep, same thing happened to me...at 16 weeks, boy and at 20 weeks, girl.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:21 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I can't see the first picture well. But the second picture is definitely girl parts.
    BrittBratt

Answer by BrittBratt at 10:22 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree, second is defiantly a girl! Notta thing between her legs! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:24 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Yep -- I was completly prepared for "Justin" and ended up with an Amanda. She had a boy room for awhile and wore boy clothes ... :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My SIL just found out during a ultrasound for position at 39 weeks that her girl was a boy and she was PISSED. I didn't want to know with my first (girl), they told me a girl with my second, and she was a girl, I'm on my third pregnancy, they say it is another girl, and we will see. LOL. I wouldn't be too heartbroken if I ended up having a boy...hehe.

I agree with the techs on that 2nd pic. They do "turtles" or "hamburgers" to describe what the parts look like on ultrasound, and girls are those three lines.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:44 PM on May. 2, 2011

• The pics do look completely different. I would say the 1st is a boy but the 2nd looks like a girl. It never happened to me but it happened to my bestfriend. The whole pregnancy they said boy. She was completely ready for a boy, blue everything. When she delivered the doctor said "Uh-oh...........it fell off!" lol She had a girl! =)
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:44 PM on May. 2, 2011

• No at my first one @11wks he couldn't tell and the 2nd i just hope that older lady was right,i think about that all the time.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 10:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• And congratulations on the girl.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 10:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Absolutely!

With our first, we were told definitely a girl ... was a boy. Luckily, we didn't plan clothing or the nursery around gender.

With our second, we were told girl and it was a girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on May. 3, 2011