Off the wall answers?

Ever asked someone a question and they answered you in such a way that you stood there scratching your head?

I just asked someone - Asked someone, face to face, not more than 4 foot away, while she was looking me in the face - "Doesn't the Schwann's truck usually come down our street on Thursday"? and she looked at me and seriously said "Okay". I stood there waiting for the punch line, or for her to realize that her answer didn't make an ounce of sense in the context of the conversation. But she never got it. Then it dawned on me that what she said WAS her sincere answer. So I asked again. And she looked at me and said "I said yes"

How in the world do you hold a conversation with someone who does that?

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:18 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• kinda like are you married or single? Yes. lol. Very difficult! Must be the day....I asked my husband tonight to refill my tea...his response "no i don't need more"
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• lol - I've gotten answers like that. Or when in a way, it could make sense, but it's so bizarre or totally, completely stupid that you're left standing there scratching your head, too - like, ok, on the surface, that sort of works - it fits (kinda) into the conversation, and the words are all in the right order, but could they REALLY MEAN THAT?!?!....

Like the lady who had been watching our kids for us once. They watched the Scooby Doo movie, and she was seriously worried that her dogs were going to be mad at her when she got home, because she watched it without them...

Or being told that you shouldn't nurse, because "the afterbirth comes out through the milk"....

All you can do is just stand there and blink, lol!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:51 PM on May. 2, 2011

• abra cadabra wola kazoo, it's blue!! ??? like that??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i know a girl that went through a phase of saying "huh" after every sentence! EVERY SENTENCE! "this fits good huh?" "i should get milk huh?" i would just ignore her and thought she would keep talking. She didn't! hahaha she would actually wait for a reply!!! lol
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:12 PM on May. 2, 2011