Just curious? adult content

I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old. I exclusively breastfeed my 3 month old and my son was formula fed. My son is lactose intollerant, and allergic to lactaid. Would it be a smart move to start breastfeeding my 2 year old? I know it sounds kind of weird. Just wondering if anyone ever did something like that. I am just worried he isn't getting enough nutrients since he isn't getting milk or anything. Please don't bash, only advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Breastmilk will ONLY help him.

I say that is an excellent idea. Absolutely nothing bad could come from that decision, and a world of good. Breastmilk is the greatest gift we can give our children, of any age. Even adults benefit from breastmilk if ingested!
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 11:21 PM on May. 2, 2011

• How would it be weird? The little sister is doing it, lots of kids feed at age 2....

If he was nursed from birth, this wouldn't even be an issue for people.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:43 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Sorry I should mention my son is the 2 year old, my daughter is the breastfed 3 month old
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:39 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Actually, he may not comprehend latching, but, you can try. Lots of moms nurse past two anyway. If he can't latch, you could always try pumping for him and feeding the baby right from the tap.

Don't be ashamed...human milk is for humans and cow milk is for cows.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't, I would think that might be a little weird for him.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:41 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I say try. The worse that could happen would be it not work
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Sometimes he tries to nurse but I haven't allowed him to before because I didn't know if it'd be weird or not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It wouldn't be weird if you kept it up from birth, so, I say...try. It may or may not work out, but, then again...it may be awesome for you both.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:50 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I would talk to his pediatrician. If he is lactose intolerant he may have problems with the lactose in your breast milk.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 10:55 PM on May. 2, 2011