Anyone else think it's funny?

Anyone else think it's funny that the same people who said Bush kept us safe are now saying Obama had nothing to do with Osama's death?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmmm.. Nope, haven't seen that. I have seen people say it wasn't EITHER president. It was the military. Now THAT I agree!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't know about the others, but I never once said that Bush kept us safe. Nor Obama. I am not naive enough to think that we are safe at any time.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• All I've seen is a bunch of bickering back & forth. Our MILITARY has kept us safe! Thank you to ALL Military personnel and their families!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:19 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Not everything needs to be politicized.

The take down of Osama Bin Laden was 10 years in the making. It invovled government officals affliated with both parties and more importantly, it was made possible and successfully executed by heros in uniform that risked their lives for this mission. God bless them.

Funny? No. I think it's pathetic and sad that some can't put down their party banners long enough to just be Americans. You can say it's "those others" that are saying Obama didn't make us safer, but posts like yours does the same thing.

Who gets credit? Seriously? IS that all that matters here? It isn't about credit. Today it's not about Republicans and Democrats. It's about being Americans.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I hated seeing Bush bashed and mocked and treated as if he could do no right when he was Pres. I also hated seeing him treated as if he was perfect and could do no wrong. I feel the same with Obama. I hate seeing him bashed and attacked, and that he can do no right, and I also hate seeing people act as if he can do no wrong.

Something else that bothers me is that when Bush would make a blunder, it was all about "look at the stupid hick Texan". When Obama makes a blunder, it's "give him a break, he's only human stop being so nit-picky", and, to be fair, I also hate when people carry on about the whole "he can't really be Pres, he wasn't born here, he's a Muslim US hater, etc...

Whether you like their politics or not for either man (or both), they both were fairly elected Presidents, and they are both doing the best they can, and neither of them are omnipotent.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• cont

I hate how, no matter what happens in this country or in the world, it comes down to using it to support or bash Obama, or support or bash Bush.

Some things aren't about them, or their skill, or their lack of it. Some things just "are", and are more about the timing, and coincidence as far as who is in the office. The Pres (regardless of who it is) isn't the "end all, be all" of our policy making or our strengths or weaknesses as a nation.

Bush didn't cause 9/11. Bin Laden did. Obama didn't catch him. Our military did. To try to make this about politics is, frankly, insulting to those in our DoD - in and out of uniform - who have done so much over the yrs to catch him - people who - amazingly enough - represent a spectrum of political beliefs!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Republicans are going to say Obama screwed up, and Democrats are going to say that Bush did. Its what they do. That being sad, Bush said that the war was over * years ago, he just forgot to send everyone home.
    CoiaCuppcake

Answer by CoiaCuppcake at 11:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• There is an exact quote of Bush in 2002 saying Osama is not a problem. There is a quote in 2008 from Obama saying he will seek out Osama. Mission accomplished. Yes, I find it funny.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• What's so funny about it? I see no humor in this at all. The truth is that the president (neither Bush nor Obama) hasn't anything to do with it. Our troops and our military leaders are the ones to be recognized for this. The "commander-in-chief" only gives the go-ahead after listening to the advice from the military.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:55 PM on May. 2, 2011

Answer by frogdawg 13 minutes ago

---------------------------
    Yup,I agree.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:02 AM on May. 3, 2011