My husband is from the 1950s and I am going crazy

Even when I am sick, tired, tending to my child
He never enters the domestic realm -not brought up that way
I just want to run away tonight

MamiColleen

Asked by MamiColleen at 11:42 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• LOL, been there. I don't really know too many men that aren't like that though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I know....so many men are like that. My daughter is married to a guy like that. Only occasionally will he help and then he thinks he deserves a medal for it.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:58 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Remind him what year it is and tell him that things aren't like that anymore. Then welcome him to the real world!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:46 AM on May. 3, 2011

• It's sad that some men are that way. My husband was born in the early 60's and is pretty much that way. He will do things for me if I can't, but domestic duties have pretty much been my job. Especially cooking. I am working full-time now, so he does help out at home a little more when he's off, so husbands can venture out & do things inside the home if need be. I don't know if they realize that this earns them BIG TIME brownie points w/the wife when they do!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 6:47 AM on May. 3, 2011

• My husband was born in 1957 and he is very helpful around the house and does his fair share of child rearing.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:11 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Is it his child?
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:53 AM on May. 3, 2011

• My husband is literally and figurativly from the 1950s (born 1957). I knew this before we married but sometimes I wish he'd volunteer to help with our toddler more. That said, he's pretty good about doing things for her IF I ASK, but I wish he'd do more on his own volition.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:30 AM on May. 3, 2011