Feeling very out of place

In my Due Date group one person asked what kind of birth they were planning and they all started to talk about that they all wanted a drug free possibly water birth(which I'm fine with to each there own) and I'm a c-section Mom. Same thing goes for reading pregnancy books. It feels like I need a different book and like I just don't relate very well.

Honestly I understand that everyone is different but I'm just feeling very out of place. Does anybody else ever feel out of place for this?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:03 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, there is no way I could have a drug free birth!!! I hope I dont have to have a c-section only because this is my first pregnancy and I really want to experience a vaginal birth. Im sorry you feel out of place. Just try to remember what you value, and why you value those things. You are totally not alone...my friend has had two children both by c-section. Everyone is different...and that is totally okay!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:07 AM on May. 3, 2011

• My first pregnancy, I was induced for pre-eclampsia and wound up after 40 hours not dilating at all so I had a c-section. If I have another child, I may feel a little left out but, not really. I mean, sure I have never experienced a vaginal birth but I still gave birth. I saw a video of a trend to make c-sections more like natural delivery and here's a link to help it possibly feel more like a natural delivery. Just remember, just because you deliver differently doesn't make you any less of a mother--because you can deliver however is best for you. Have you thought of a VBAC? I would be scared to do it but it might be something you want to look into and discuss with a doctor. If not, here is more info about a family-oriented approach to a c-section that is different than most: http://doula-ing.blogspot.com/2010/05/mother-baby-friendly-cesarean.html

LevisWife8587

Answer by LevisWife8587 at 12:23 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I just want to mention that my first child was a c-section and 1 yr later 2nd was vaginal delivery and 3 yr later 3rd baby also vaginal delivery. I think everyone is different and every woman has different birth experience. That is kinda what makes it so special. But i think you are normal to feel this way. GL!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:42 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Do you have any real problems that automaticaly make you have the need for a section? I had a second with my first and an all natural with my second. Where I live they will not do VBAC, so we used a homebirth midwife, and I am so glad. Maybe look into that?? God bless you darling :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:15 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I have had three c-sections i love my babies all very much, sorry to hear u feel out of place but dont feel that way being a mother is the greatest gift ever its a blessing.
    it does not matter how a child is born, as long as both mother and child are safe and well......

gem05

Answer by gem05 at 4:13 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I had an emergency csection with my first, and a second csection with my second, she was breech. I feel like I missed my experience with a vaginal birth. They do not do vbacs where I live. So hopefully when we move I can find someone that would at least let me try. Sections are scary to me, and not a pleasant experience.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:04 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I think it is up to each mother individually. No one should be
    'judgy' or rude or disrespectful of anyone else's birthing plans!!

Best of luck to ya, and I will def. be gettin me an epidural :)
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 5:20 PM on May. 3, 2011