I deactivated my Facebook.

Facebook has messed up so many relationships for me and I am over it taking over my time. Do you feel like Facebook Ruins lives??If so why.

staciepi

Asked by staciepi at 12:24 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• only if you let it then yeah it could.... but i use it just to keep in touch with family and friends.. and those i don't want on it i just simply don't so it's okay with me.
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 12:26 AM on May. 3, 2011

• No problem here! That's ashamed though sorrry.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:33 AM on May. 3, 2011

• No,I don't think FB ruins lives. I'm sure it has, but in general, I just think of it as a social network where I can easily keep in contact with friends and family.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• thanks for the support guys..
    staciepi

Comment by staciepi (original poster) at 12:42 AM on May. 3, 2011

• No.

Why not?
    Well I'm smart enough not to...
    ... post too much personal info ANYWHERE online
    ... post anything on Facebook that I wouldn't say to my next door neighbor (my religious/political polar opposite)
    ... add any ex-boyfriends as "friends"
    ... expect that my friends from 25 years ago are people I would want to be "friends" with now
    ... start "friendships" with inappropriate people online
    ... use social media sites to gossip about people from "real life"
    And finally, I'm smart enough to block those who thrive on drama. My Facebook "friend" list is about 70 people total. I know them all, and it takes a lot for me to be willing to add someone new.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 12:49 AM on May. 3, 2011

• my bf and i deleted our facebooks, in all honesty it has only made us closer. too many people seem to get obsessed with it and it seems to consume them. and anyone who i feel i need to speak with has my number :) just little dumb unneeded issues can arise from facebook is how we feel.
    sweetums13

Answer by sweetums13 at 1:35 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I don't have a problem with it. Of course, I don't talk to guys on there, I don't have a ton of random guys on my friends list, and I don't start drama. I don't have a lot of drama going on in my life to start with, so maybe that's another factor. My DH and I have never even had a conversation about FB, other than me telling him that I found one of my best friends from grade school, or something like that.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:54 AM on May. 3, 2011