When did you move your child from your room? When did you child start sleeping thru the night (suggestions)

My DS is 10 months. He is still sleeping in our room, but in his pack-n-play.
I havent moved him yet due to the fact he is still nursing at 3 am and 6 am. When did you move you child?? Any suggestions on helping him sleep through the night? ( he eats plenty so I dont think that is the problem but I am open to suggestions)

fallenangel32

Asked by fallenangel32 at 12:29 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We didnt, she came home from the hospital and into her own crib in her own room.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:31 AM on May. 3, 2011

• He was about 8 wks old
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 12:33 AM on May. 3, 2011

• My first born was in our bed till 3 1/2 yrs old then on the crib mattress nxt to our bed till 4. I cried when we moved him nxt to us on his mattress and then again when he went in his own room. Hes almost 4 1/2 now and I still put him to sleep every night by singing to him. Hes mommas boy for sure :). Now we have our 12 month old in the bed w us cause she still wakes up 3 times to nurse. I let my babys selfweene and I like for them to slowly transition into things instead of rushing any thing along. There only little once :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:56 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Only one out of my four NEVER slept with me. She preffered her crib. The first was for a year, the third till he was 3 off and on. ANd my baby started out in her own bed, started sleeping with us at about a year, and now is 4 and off and on in our bed. She comes in in the middle of the night. I LOVE sleeping with my babies!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:08 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I had my baby in her own room from like day 3. I could not sleep with the tiny baby noises . I thought she needed me every time she moved a little bit. I had planned to keep her in my room for at least a few weeks... but nope. We all did better with her in her own room.
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 1:17 AM on May. 3, 2011

• My oldest never slept in our room, he went right into his crib in his nursery . Babies # 2 and 3 slept in a bassinet in our room until they were 4 months old and then they went right into the crib in the kids room.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:33 AM on May. 3, 2011

• We moved gwen at 4 1/2-5 months because she learned to crawl and would get on the other tables and/or fall off the bed. for the first month it was a nightmare. she wouldnt sleep threw the night at all. not due to hunger or diaper but comfort. i have to say the the last 3 nights have been perfect. She has finally figured out how to put her self to sleep after she eats and we put her in her crib. and were down to one wake up which all she needs is a 'your ok gwenie go to sleep" and a quick rub on the back and she is back out. so she sleeps form 8pm to 6 am! so far she has been in bed 4 1/2 hours no wake up so maybe tonight the night for a all nighter!
    KittyTussand

Answer by KittyTussand at 3:22 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Our DD is 4 mo and in our room in her own basinett in the pack n play, and she'll be there until at least 6mo, propbably longer. She sleeps all night and has since 1 mo, but I'm a worrier and would probably not sleep nearly as much if I had to run up stairs to check on her, which I still do about every 2 hrs :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:33 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I never had my kids in my room. I think them not being right next to me actually contributed to them sleeping through the night earlier.

Answer by missanc at 8:53 AM on May. 3, 2011