Odorless yellow sticky discharge from breasts

I am not pg and have a discharge, went to dr. had a mamogram and an ultrasound, hormones checked and everything seems to be normal. What can it be?

Rose001

Asked by Rose001 at 12:51 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• Many women continue to make small amounts of milk for many years after they stop nursing. It concentrates and comes out in funny colors sometimes because there's so little of it. I knew a woman who had blue and green discharge coming out and when they looked at it under a microscope, it was breast milk! She was in her 60's and hadn't nursed a child in 30 years.

The body does amazing things!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:58 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I am so glad to hear that, I stopped nursing 7 years ago and had this problem for about 2 months. Thank you
    Rose001

Comment by Rose001 (original poster) at 1:01 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Blue and green?! Freaky crap man! Vulcan blood. LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on May. 3, 2011

• If your doctor didn't run a thyroid test, you may want to have that done. Sometimes when a woman's thyroid is going out they will begin to lactate.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 1:25 AM on May. 3, 2011