Would you call me a hippie? What do you call yourself? Post yours too!

I don't care either way, just curious :) Compared to my hippie friends I'm totally mainstream and compared to my mainstream friends I'm a flaming hippie lol. Where do YOU think I stand?

I like to use herbs for minor things... burns, mild anxiety, stuffy noses, etc. But I'm not shy about using OTC or prescription meds when necessary.

I planned a home birth for my son. I wanted one for my daughter, but gave in to my husband's fear and had her in the hospital (induced, but didn't use pain medication).

I eat and feed my family lots of whole foods. We buy only 100% whole wheat breads (except when we want French bread when I make soup or something lol), we eat lots of whole fruits and veggies... but I'm not an organic fanatic. I buy it when it's comparable to the conventional versions of food, but not when it's super expensive, and we eat junk for probably 10% of our diet because it's so delicious lol.

I attachment parent, for the most part.

I'm a registered Libertarian.

I care about the environment, but my main motivation for using cloth diapers and pads is money lol.

I'm totally against war 95% of the time. I just don't see the point in fighting and dying over the shit people decide to fight and die over.

Delay vax, no spanking, anti-circumcision, pro breastfeeding (but don't have anything bad to say to mothers who chose to bottle feed)... and I catch a lot of flack from some for supporting a mother's choice to have an epidural or planned C-section for convenience *as long as she is informed of the risks and benefits before the procedure*...

I think I really consider myself *more* mainstream than hippie, because I feel that I just don't live up to the hippie standard lol. I'm not full on committed to being an environmentalist and feeding my kids perfect diets, etc.

What do the main-streamers think? What do the hippies think?

Now post yours! Keep it fun, please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm the "up to date" kinda person.
    I do what is convenient for my family and myself.

I care about what we eat, however, I think anything is fine in moderation. I'm pro-choice, a republican (however I voted for Obama, so I'm not one who must have a republic in the House).

I buy clothes that are stylish, or what I find stylish.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:05 AM on May. 3, 2011

• LOL... you are soooo much like me it's freaky. I even grow all my own veggies and raise chickens for fresh eggs. We're converting our farm to solar power and cistern water-hopefully we can stop using public utilities completely.

My SO says I'm a bohemian.

CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 1:18 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I really don't fit in any category unless you can think of one. I like nice things, am happy with what I have. Don't feel the need to keep up with the Jone's. Eat anything in moderation, hate diets. Exercise comes from work, lol Love my frappacinos from Starbucks. Don't allow myself to get stressed. Can't stand the “politically correct”. I'm just real laid back and generally a very happy person.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• most people call me "plain jane".
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:17 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I vax I recycle My kids would choose an apple over a Snickers any day. I DO let my kids eat sugar..it is the fun of being a kid. (the have had a Popsicle for breakfast and lived!) I garden We "go out and play" I think hate breeds hate, and I refuse to rejoice in the death of anyone, even an enemy. I believe education is paramount. (the more you know the better off you are) Idle hands do the Devils work...I keep my kids busy and involved and I don't have kids in trouble I think if English is your mother tongue, you should speak it correctly rather than sounding ignorant. I breast fed, but refuse to bash a bottle feeding moms. I teach my kids it never costs a thing to show kindness to others.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:35 AM on May. 3, 2011