What can i do im going insane

ok you would think a 8mnth old would sleep through the night wellmine dnt wat can i do to help her i havent gotten any sleep really in the last 3 days shes up every hour like on the hours and she dnt really want her bottle. Also how can i make her get use to sleepin in her crib.. also how cn i make her get use to going to bed early shes up right now playing in her crib and she only really naps twice a day i swear she is a.d.d please some one help im going crazy not getting any sleep

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 12:57 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Getting up every hour is crazy,you poor thing ! You wont be able to live like that for very long. I would just let her cry herself back to sleep. It should only take a few days before she figures,you are not goin to go get her.Make sure she has a nice full tummy before you put her to bed at night.
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 1:04 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Yep, just make sure she isn't hungry. Let her cry. It's SO hard but very worth it. A tired baby and mom make for a bad combo.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:05 AM on May. 3, 2011

• thats wat i make sure and she jus dnt go to bed early i have work school and this is really taking a toll on me
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 1:06 AM on May. 3, 2011

• also latley she hasnt been wantin her bottle jus a juice bottle is that bad
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 1:08 AM on May. 3, 2011

• You said she is getting used to sleeping in a crib. Where was she sleeping? Is she eating well? Maybe she is more alert now than you are aware of. Play with her some more before putting her to bed. Maybe the activity will make her sleep better.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:16 AM on May. 3, 2011

• she was sleeping in her bassinet slash play pen for awhile and then she got sick and was sleeping wit me
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 1:19 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Do you feed her solids? That could help keep a full belly through the night if you feed her before bed. I let my kids cry it out or I sang to them and rocked them. If that didn't work I'd end up having to let them cry it out.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:25 AM on May. 3, 2011

• my little one is 10 months and wakes up 1-2 times to nurse..I know how it is not getting any sleep ;) if its been a couple days..it could be teething ,late nap,growing, my little one did this a couple times..just up at 2 in the morning for an hour..babies have a mind of their own sometimes but try making sure naps arent too late in the evening to get her to bed early,a good meal or even snack before bed,clean diaper, and try taking a nap with her...babies go through phases..gl!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• If she gets up at night try giving her only water. Keep the lights off or dim. Do not reward her waking in any way-no toys,no tv, no music. Keep it very dry and boring. Only attend to her basic needs- which by 8 months should only be a dry clean diaper when its the middle of the night. Also you might try to wake her earlier from her nap or shorten it to one nap time a day.Then try establishing a routine. Something like a warm bath about 1/2 hour before bed then a formula bottle with a bedtime story then bed in her room in her crib. Be consistant and keep to a schedule as much as possible. Have patience while you make these adjustments. It will take her a while to adjust to a new routine. Hopefully in a few weeks you will have her adjusted and you can get more rest.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 2:02 AM on May. 3, 2011

• i was having this issue with my 6 month old. tried many things. Letting her cry didnt work at all. she had no idea how to sooth her self and after 2 hours i would give up. So i went and got a rocking chair and put it in her room. turned the lights off some white noise on and rocked her. the first few nights id rock her with bottle then when she was asleep put her in bed. after a few nights i fed her a bit earlier then she was ready so when we rocked she was still a little awake if she got fussy instead of using the bottle to sleep i gave her her blanket in one hand and more or less gave her her thumb to suck on. once she did that she was asleep and id move her to her crib. the last two nights i would put her in her crib and she would take her blankie (or stuffed monkey like tonight) pull them close curl up on her tummy and put her self to sleep. its been 3 hours and she is still there!!!! thats what i did. hope it helps
    KittyTussand

Answer by KittyTussand at 3:17 AM on May. 3, 2011