Sports Equipment

If you buy your child equipment for a sport that they play and during practice the coaches gives your child's equipment to other kids to use, would you be upset?

This happened at DD's T-Ball practice last week with her bat. Because she is so small, I went out and bought her her own very light-weight T-Ball bat to use and at last week's practice, the coaches had all the smaller kids using it...when they have their own light-weight bats to lend out to kids. I know how it sounds.....selfish, controlling, entitled, but yeah, it did bug me.

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:03 AM on May. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would be a little irritated at first. They could have at least asked if it aws ok.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 12:56 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No, I wouldn't be upset that the team is using the equipment. I'd be upset if we didn't get it back, but not if it was just used. Why in the world would sharing be a bad thing?
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 10:11 AM on May. 3, 2011

• It's one thing to share mits or other personal equipment, but if you bring a bat you mind as well get used to the idea of sharing. As long as it goes home with you at the end of the day then there shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you don't want to share, don't take it.

Personally I'd be upset, but that's why I don't bring bats to ds practices.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:11 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I'd be mad. Stuff like that bugs me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on May. 3, 2011

• i don't think you should get upset about it. as a parent, it's your responsibility to teach your child sharing. it would be a different story if she was not able to use her own bat because it was being taken up by the other kids.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:58 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Every t-ball and baseball team that my kids have ever been on, the kids have all shared each other's equipment (bats and helmets).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:30 AM on May. 3, 2011

• well last year in tball, coach had all kids hitting with my sons bat because it was a really nice bat and quite expensive. but coach did ask if it was okay. i noticed this year three of the kids on his team last year bought the same bat this year.
    cmerc19

Answer by cmerc19 at 1:55 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't mind. They kids all share each others bats (even though there are some provided) My son has used other bats instead of his own to see if he likes the feel of it. In fact his coach used his (my sons) new bat at the first practice, hitting grounders to them. as long as he comes home with all his equipment I don't mind.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 7:15 PM on May. 3, 2011