The breastfed baby's poop.

I know there will probably be a lot of bashing, but I don't care I know there has to be someone else out there who feels the same way. But wheneven my baby poops it smells like salty popcorn, he is EBF (12w 1d) Anybody elce's babys poop smell 'not bad'?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 1:10 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, depending on what I ate, the worst it ever was smelled kinda cheesy... BF babies don't have raunchy shits because they are properly digesting *species specific milk*. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:20 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I've heard it's not supposed to smell bad if they BF.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Be aware that even though they say poop and spit up from breast feed babiess doesnt stain that isnt always true. If you are taking iron supplements it can and will stain clothing. As long as you are only breastfeeding there is very little smell to it and it looks alot like mustard. Your diet can affect baby though so if it gives you gas when you eat it be aware there is a good chance it will give the baby gas also.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 1:45 AM on May. 3, 2011