how long with an ectopic pregnancy...? pioc

Does anyone know or have experience, how long does it take for an ectopic pregnancy to create discomfort for the woman? How far along before you start to experience the pain? If you have a tubal pregnancy does it show up as positive on a home pregnancy test? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 2:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it does show up on a pregnancy test, all the hormones will be there. I don't know when the pain sets in but I have read that it is very intense and a woman will KNOW that something is wrong.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• within a few days of ovulation, you will feel severe pain. if you can determine when you ovulated, you will have an idea of when the fertilized egg got stuck in your fallopian tube. it's a very, very severe pain.
    Anonymous