Did you HAVE to workout to lose the baby weight?

If so, what did you do? I'm probably lazy and just making excuses, but I dropped my membership at 24hr fitness because I EBF my baby, and he likes to EAT, so I don't want to risk being away when he gets hungry, even though I know I wouldn't be starving him by making him wait. I usually go on mild walks tues and friday for 3-4 hrs.

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 1:38 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am working out. Going to the gym twice a week and working out on the eliptico. It seems to be working.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:40 AM on May. 3, 2011

• LOL!! I'm working my butt off to lose what i gained during pregnancy and then some -- and my 'baby' is 6 1/2 years old.

Losing baby weight is the same as losing any other kind of weight. The easy to shed pounds is the baby and the fun stuff you shed in the weeks that follow. The rest of it? It's good old fashioned fat deposits to be dealt with like anything else. Don't, however, get stuck into thinking that 'working out' has to be the neat and tidy variety we think of at gyms and what not. Put baby in a stroller and go for a walk. It breaks up the day, baby enjoys the motion and the new things to gaze at and you get some exercise. Put baby in a sling or other wearable carrier and dance around the house to music. That always worked to soothe my two when they were fussy. ;)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:07 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I've never HAD to work out to lose the baby weight and I never did... lol. I bf'd though and I think that helped.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:49 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Lucky you bdfly.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:21 AM on May. 3, 2011

• you don't technically have to work out to lose weight, however if you don't want your body to be a flabby/saggy mess then i'd invest in some work out dvds
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 7:22 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I didn't have to work out to lose the weight - that always came right off, but to tone my body and get everything tightened back up I did.

Answer by missanc at 9:04 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I fortunately did not have to work out to lose my weight.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:29 AM on May. 3, 2011

• breast feeding burns calories like crazy.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:39 AM on May. 3, 2011