My work says this about medical leave...

So they say that I get 12 weeks unpaid leave for a birth of my child if I have worked at my company a full year full time. Well what if I have worked there 8 months and I just found out I am pregnant (8 weeks). Would they still give me medical leave if I got pregnant before my I earned medical leave/one year anniversary? I would think so since the baby would arrive after my one year anniversary. I just need to double check with other moms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• I never thought I would say this, but go to google and type in "Family Medical Leave Act" and that will tell u for sure. Employers everywhere will have different rules regarding different situations. Look up and see what fits your situation.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:10 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes. You will be there for 17 months when the baby is born, so you would be able to get your leave for the baby's birth.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:42 AM on May. 3, 2011

• That is honestly something you need to discuss with your employer. But look up FMLA so you know what the law states before hand so they don't give you a bunch of crap.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:42 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes they will.
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 3:57 AM on May. 3, 2011

• You will have been there one year by the time you are ready to give birth so you will be entitled to your leave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on May. 3, 2011

• It's not when you find out you're pregnant, it's when you are actually start taking the leave that determines your eligibility for the leave. You have to have worked 12 months AND 1,250 hours at the time of initiating the leave to be eligible.

mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 4:08 PM on May. 3, 2011