Dry brittle hair.. HELP also cramping!?!?

im 6 weeks pregnant and my hair is so dry brittle feeling and falls out! i rarely blow dry it or straighten it anymore even.

also i have cramps off and on throught out the day that feel like im about to get my period.. it this normal?

h2bnm21

Asked by h2bnm21 at 3:30 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• The cramping is normal...your ligaments are stretching out for the growing baby and all the stuff that goes with it.

You might try hot oil treatments on your hair once a week to help replace the oils. There are also deep conditioning treatments that can help dry hair. Trimming the ends a bit can make the hair a bit more controllable and healthy looking.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:41 AM on May. 3, 2011

• are you taking your prenatals? You can always do hot oil treatments for your hair, or there's this stuff called placenta, that works wonders. Or get a leave in conditioner. I always got cramps while I was preggo, dr. said it was just my uterus growing, it can get uncomfortable. gl mamma
    RedSoxWife

Answer by RedSoxWife at 3:41 AM on May. 3, 2011

• OH if the cramping get bad...see a doctor.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:42 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I cramped with my twins more than my singleton/...as far as the hair, I have just discovered Moroccan Argan Oil, it turned my dry brittle thinning falling out hair to a thing of beauty with the first use..now I use it daily and also in my7 kids hair, not oily or greasy at all
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 4:07 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Try a deep conditioning treatment for your hair. I use L'oreal's Nature Therapy. It's not in a normal conditioner shaped bottle, it almost looks like a facial cream container. It works great on my hair. Im sure you're already on prenatal vitamins, but those help. My hair fell out the whole pregnancy. I didnt have bald spots or anything, but it was a massive shedding, but it's normal. Im not too sure about the cramping, I didnt have any when I was pregnant.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:13 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I know an amazing and safe all natural detox for your hair that would be like a deep conditioner to use 2-3 times a week at works wonders! Your hair will feel like silk. I have suchthick coarse hair,and the hair mask does wonders! hope this helps honey
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 8:37 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Instead of the typical Hot oil treatment that most Cosmo's recommend try Mayonaise it puts the natural oils back in your hair also and this sounds crazy but in the black hair section the have a jar of beta carrotine moisture repair it works wonders now don't use both at the same time try one, one month and then the other the next, also switch your shampoo to something with almond and shea buttter I like the Sauve organics green bottle it has both, Good luck mama!!!!
    mommi4two

Answer by mommi4two at 8:53 AM on May. 3, 2011

• i LOVE bighealthyhair by big sexy hair with the leave in conditioner, your hair changes a lot during pregnancy. i suddenly have longer, thicker, lush hair!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:05 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Instead of the typical Hot oil treatment that most Cosmo's recommend ---

i've never recommended that. in fact, i usually laugh when i see it as a 'fix'. it will only mask the problem, and is veryvery temporary.
    my knowledge of hair and pregnancy tells me that @ 6wks, her dry hair problem is unrelated.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:22 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Get yourself a hair oil. I recommend Enjoy Hair and Skin Treatment Oil or CHI Silk Infusion. Use that after you towel dry or blow dry, and again before you straighten (or apply any other heat source). The Enjoy even repairs hair damage.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:41 AM on May. 4, 2011