i am 38 weeks and having very painful contractions, what can i do to hurry this process up? im drained physically and emotionally

the midwife says i havent dialated but about 1 cm....but with all of this pain and pressure surely there's something i can do to get things rolling, right??

angel_lips

Asked by angel_lips at 2:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd take a bath and a nap. You will need all of the energy you can get. If you are already exhausted and only 1 cm then you will need to rest up. Plus don't forget that every woman is different. I was 1 cm for three days then went to a 10 in like four hours flat.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Walk around and see if that helps. Other than that I agree to try to sleep, get some energy back.

Answer by Bmat at 2:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I'd just get alot of rest--you don't have to much longe--the baby will come when it gets good and ready..i know your probaly very exhausted and ready to get it over with..I stayed at 3 cm with my 3rd child for a month!!! yes--i tried every way to get her to come faster..walk,sex,eating spicy foods..nothing worked so I went and baught a birthing ball--and rocked back and forth and bounced on it because she was still very high up..later that night had several pain ful contrctions went to the er and i was dilated 6 cm--at 38 weeks-- good luck!
    Anonymous

• I was dialated to 3cm for a few days with only mild contractions and my midwife told me that they only way my body would kick itself into full labor was if I got some sleep. My baby was so big that I could not sleep! She gave me some sleeping pills, that didn't make me sleep either. A few days later I was still ahving mild contractions and went to my appt bawling because I was soooo tired and I hurt so bad so she told me that when I was ready to head to the hospital and she would break my water. Well there was a catch, the night I got there, she gave me a shot of Demeral(sp) and I slept for a while, when I woke up I was in labor and my water broke on its own!
    So I think you need to take a good nap and a bath! Also make sure you eat just in case you do go into labor! Good Luck and Congrats! Your little miracle will be here soon!
    Anonymous