Regret? What's your ONE regret?

I would have to say my entire first marriage. I love my two sons from that marriage, but I should have NEVER married my first husband. Crazier is that it lasted ten years!
So, what's your one regret?

Droyal14u

Asked by Droyal14u at 3:53 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I hate to have regrets or think about things I'd change because then I may not have met husband and had my amazing kids..... seriously, though, my most ENORMOUS regret was not telling anyone when I was raped in a hospital. If I had, I am sure I'd have ended up a millionaire in the civil suits (not to mention the therapy I could've so desperately used at the time.....)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:50 AM on May. 3, 2011

• staying with my son's father for 3 years after he beat me, stole from me and controlled me. I don't regret my son but he really hurt me and now I have really bad trust issues and flinch anytime someone comes at me fast. I go into flight or fight mode and it's horrible. And I feel like an ugly beast because he always told me I'm a piece of sh*t whore that no one will ever want. He is just an evil man....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:18 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Same here. Having a second child before being married was a big mistake. But then again, without having him, I wouldn't have met my now husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I regret marrying my stbxh.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:50 AM on May. 3, 2011

• My only "regret" was not harassing my mom more when I was in high school to get her to let me take cosmetology then, so it would have been pretty much free. Now, I'll be paying no less than $1,200 if I get into the best school around here (weird how the best school is half the price of the crappy ones). And even that I don't really regret because without the experiences I've had since then, I wouldn't have known for sure that it was what I wanted.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:16 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Like you, getting married. I love my kids but dang it.. 10 years ago my dream man was and still is an idiot with no way to see past the end of his own nose. I thought it would get better, yeah right!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:49 AM on May. 3, 2011

• My biggest regret is not graduating high school...I mean I went back and got my GED but if I would have graduated I would have went into the Air Force and actually made something of myself (not saying that being SAHM isnt important but sometimes I wonder where else my life could have been)....BUT if all that would have happened I would have never had my daughter or met my husband so I guess everything happens for a reason.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:14 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I usually say I have no regrets b/c you live and learn, BUT then this happened: after leaving my ex bf I had a one night stand...then found out I was preggers 2wks later. Crazy as it sounds, I never thought my baby was f/ the one night stand. That guy kept calling me, but I ignored him to focus on being a single Mom. Well after over a year of trying to get child support f/ my ex, the dna test proved she's not his. Soooo I had to contact the man f/ the one night stand, who IS her father...over a year later now, we're still living together as a family and happily in love :) as well as its turned out, I regret not thinking maybe she's his- so he could have been there for her sooner...
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:18 AM on May. 3, 2011

• My one BIG regret is that I did not finish college. I dropped out at the end of my junior year just because wanted to get married and work at a Bank. How dumb. I could have had so much more of a fulfilling life,career,for myself but I just wanted to get married. @@Lately, I have realized how stupid I was.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:20 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I've honestly never been able to say that I have a regret in my life. There are things I would change, but if I were to do so I wouldn't have met my husband or had my children... But if I were to change anything I would have dropped out of HS and moved out of my home much sooner than I did. I believed (foolishly) that a diploma would actually matter in the real world so I stayed in an abusive, controlling home when I could have simply got my life started!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 PM on May. 4, 2011