Favorite childhood memory regarding pets...

When I was about 8 or 9, our pregnant German Shepard gave birth on my bed while I was sleeping and I woke up to warm wet puppies getting cleaned up by their mom. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...it was the sweetest thing ever! She must have really trusted me to have had them there on my bed. It was amazing!

Droyal14u

Asked by Droyal14u at 4:02 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Pets

• I was 9 and on christmas eve my mom and dad gave me (ok it was technically the families, but only I wanted it) the most beautiful Appaloosa horse. I was in Heaven! I had him for 13 amazing years!

To kind of go off yours, my cat Smokey had her kittens in my toy box. my mom was very mad, it was the box that contained all the stuffed toys though, so they went right in the wash
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:08 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I got a horse when I turned 9 his name was Bojangles he was green broke my mom didn't know what that meant at the time. I got on and got bucked a few times but loved it kept getting up dusting myself off and wanting to get back on and try again even after a few tears here n there I loved him and never gave up he became my best friend but sadly at 11 my mom found out she had MS and got real sick so we couldn't keep him any more we didn't have the money to take care of him like he needed I put my big girl pants on and understood even tho it broke my heart. so its bittersweet the fun I had with him with be with me 4ever.
    chunkyhoney78

Answer by chunkyhoney78 at 4:17 AM on May. 3, 2011

• OP that is the sweetest thing. Mine is when I got my first dog. He always had to sleep in my bed and be with me. Plus he peed on my ex's pillow all the time so I laugh at that now lol he knew how bad he was before I did lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:28 AM on May. 3, 2011

• My parents giving me an enormous dramatic speech about how we couldn't afford a puppy, stop asking for a puppy, we weren't dog people, it was never gonna happen, when I was 18 I could have as many dogs as I wanted, etc etc. They asked me to try and be understanding and I tried to put on a brave face. My Mom then asked me to retrieve some school paperwork for her to sign that was in my bedroom. Still fighting back the tears I went to my room and sitting on my bed was a little fuzzball of a puppy with a pink bow :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:47 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I was very lonely when we moved away from all of my friends, I guess I was about 8. Our new neighbor was giving away puppies and I convinced my parents to let me have one. Her name was Maude...a cute little mixed breed with the softest white fur and brown ears. She followed me every where and slept on the pillow next to me until she got too big and moved to the foot of the bed. I remember dressing her in baby dresses....she went right along with it....loving all the attention. I loved how she smelled when she was a puppy...so pure and new. I know that's gross for a lot of people.
    I have a big fat cat now... he's my baby....he's like a bad little boy...but just so loveable at the same time.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 5:16 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Our first dog, Sammi. He was a sheltie we got from a rescue. He loved to be brushed and I loved to groom all that long fur. I was only eight and I would sit on the floor in front of the TV for hours just brushing him and he'd fall asleep with his head in my lap. I cried for weeks when we had to put him down. He had a stroke and fell down the stairs on his back, braking his hip. We found out the stroke was caused by a malignant tumor in his brain. He hid it so well. We had no idea. :( He was my very best friend and I love and cherish every minute I had with him. e inspired my love of animals that I still carry with me today. If it weren't for my hemophobia, I would have become a veterinarian.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 10:53 PM on May. 6, 2011