Anyone else get sick after taking prenatals?

it doesn't seem to matter when i take them but minutes later i am sick every time has anyone else had a problem with them and what did your doctor suggest thanks :D

krissii

Asked by krissii at 5:08 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• terribly sick, yes. my dr switched me to a flavored childrens vitamin. nummy :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:09 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes I did so I stoped taking them ..I tryed all kinds and nothing change so I just started to eat healthy and eat alot of red meat s
    white23

Answer by white23 at 6:26 AM on May. 3, 2011

• if you get sick...Take fintstone vitamins for kids....thats what I did with my son...doctor approved!!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 10:04 AM on May. 3, 2011

• i tried a few different kinds. now i take my prenatal right before i fall asleep. so far so good
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:26 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I also got sick with prenatals, my doctor suggested taking flinstone vitamins. they have a lot of the same things in them and are good for you and baby.
    Daltonswife

Answer by Daltonswife at 10:38 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, I took mine as I was falling asleep, as in, already in bed, have been laying there for a few minutes and starting to drift off, I'd take it then, so that by the time the nausea would kick in, I'd be asleep. It was the only way I could take them. If you switch to something else, make sure you're still getting your folic acid and iron!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:44 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, always and my doctors usually advised me to take half a prenatal vitamin at a time. It helps some, but we get all of the specific minerals and vitamins necessary. Have a beautiful day.
    twilanelson

Answer by twilanelson at 10:58 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I had the WORST nausea with both of my pregnancies. Some said it was the iron in the prenatals, some said it was something else. With my first I switched to the Flintstones Chewables (kid's vitamin) and flat refused to take anything BUT Flintstones with my second. My doctor was fine with me switching on my own.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:05 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I got really sick. Started taking them after dinner time and it seemed to help!

But then again about that same time I got out of the 1st trimester.

Hope you get to feeling better!
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 5:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I've always gotten stomach aches after taking vitamins. I took my prenatals before bed and that seemed to help.
    Taryl_Marie

Answer by Taryl_Marie at 5:45 PM on May. 3, 2011