but i dont wanna take medicine!!!

Is there any way of getting rid of acid reflux or heartburn WITH OUT taking medicine?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 2:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You could try to drink some milk? Or if you can try Chamomile tea. Sounds weird but my boss swears by it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Tum tum tum tum tum....lol...those were my best friends while prego, especially with my son. you can drink cold water, that will help, for a short time though. if i didn't have tums, i kept a bottle of water with me everywhere i went, so if i felt it coming, i would drink some, and it would make it go away for a little while.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i dont know why but soda always work for when i have heartburn which is almost always try drinking a sprite but it might make it worse i dont know but it helps me
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Calcium helps, whether it's tums or milk. Also eating smaller meals more frequently helps. I also found that the heartburn was much less if I stayed on my feet and walked around for a while after eating.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My midwife said to take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. It sounds nasty, and tastes gross, but oh man, it works SO well! I completely stopped having heartburn.
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 5:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i drank milk and ate a slice of bread. did it for me.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 8:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I tried it all, and nothing but medicine did it for me. I had RAGING heartburn. I tried to eat smaller meals (I was hardly eating as it was), I stayed upright after eating, stopped eating acidic foods, etc. Then the doc had me take Pepcid twice a day, and it made a HUGE difference. I took Tums as needed. I, too, avoided meds like crazy while pregnant, but you also don't want the damage heartburn does to your esophagus. It can increase your risk of esophageal cancer (I have a friend whose father died from it...just realized I may be scaring you... sorry!).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2008