Is it normal for my stomach to hurt when the baby kicks?

It seems like more often lately than ever before that my stomach gets these sharp sharp pains when he kicks me. I am almost 30 weeks pregnant by the way. I drink lots of water so I know that can't be the cause. But I don't understand why his kicking has been hurting me lately. I understand that he is getting bigger but is pain normal? I'm pretty confused seeing as to how this is my first pregnancy. Help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mishie81

Asked by Mishie81 at 6:03 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes depending on how big the baby is and what it's kicking this can happen. You have ribs and organs in there that are getting pushed around.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:20 AM on May. 3, 2011

• The baby is always below my belly button. He never or rarely goes up past it. He tends to stay low.
    Mishie81

Comment by Mishie81 (original poster) at 6:22 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Ohhhhh yeah my little ones kicking me hard right now I think shes trying to kick herself out
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:00 AM on May. 3, 2011

• yeah, make sure you're not wearing tight or constricting clothes. i know for me that made it worse.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:01 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Also, some food and stuff can also make the baby kick more. So, say you're drinking a lot of coffee or soda, or eat a lot of chocolate, that all has caffeine, and that can really "get them moving".
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:18 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I am dealing with the same thing. Painful at times.

I am about 34 weeks now and I really am used to it, hopefully you will just get used to it cause
    your baby is only going to be getting bigger!

Everytime I think it hurts too much, I just remind myself that it's my baby in there and that he is healthy and thank god that he is active so I don't have to worry :)

Best of wishes
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 5:17 PM on May. 3, 2011