Do you ever get the feeling?

That no matter what you do or say isn't good enough or that you aren't doing it right? I'm so tired of it. No matter how we do things, what we say or how we say it; it's not right.

We are always being told that we don't spend our money right, or raise our kids right, that we don't act right and that we argue all the time and is there ever a time that we have fun without fighting or arguing?

No matter how nice we are we can't seem to do anything right in this persons eyes. This person has no right to be worrying about we live our lives or telling us that we need to go to church and get our lives right with God.

I'm so tired of her telling us we don't manage our money, we supposedly don't watch our kids, my husband and I supposedly are in trouble, and so much more. It's all unfair assumptions.

I know I shouldn't care, and I don't have to explain myself to anyone. But it still hurts. Is this ever gonna stop?? Or anything I can do to get her off my back? Please be nice with your responses and if you can't say something helpful then please just move on. Thank you

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:43 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know if this person is family or not. It is hard to find words to say exactly what you mean without being mean. It's okay to stand up for yourself and your family though. It is ok to tell this person to stop mentally beating you down. Sometimes you have to close the door on such a hurtful relationship. That isn't to say you couldn't reopen that door later. Even putting more distance between you.and this person might be good. Good luck.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:48 AM on May. 3, 2011

• This is your time to tell this person if we are fing up so bad why are you here to see it? Also this is your moment to say this is our life and we are satisfied with it and happy if you aren't kick rocks. Truly the only people who have to be pleased is your family who cares about what others think.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:58 AM on May. 3, 2011

• You have a few options.. You can tell her that you won't stand for it any longer and if she wishes to maintain a relationship with you she needs to keep such opinions to herself.. Make sure your husband stands with you.. You can simply cut her out of your life. Or you can let it continue..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 8:54 AM on May. 3, 2011

• It is insane to keep doing the same thing and expect different results. If you can't create boundaries in this relationship than you can either end it or stay miserable.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:30 AM on May. 3, 2011