Anyone have some good recipes?

that be cooked in the crock pot--with or without meat; things that can easily frozen also. I am trying to make meals for the week ahead of time so need some good ideas please. Thank you

Please share some of your recipes

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:17 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Funny I had a crock pot recipe in mind when I clicked your question!
    Bacon wrapped BBQ Chicken
    4 B/S chicken breasts, rinsed & patted dry
    8 slices of uncooked bacon
    2 apples, grated (I really like to use tart apples for this, like Granny Smith)
    Juice of 1 lemon
    1/2 cup BBQ sauce
    Mix grated apples, lemon juice, & BBQ sauce together.
    Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breats. Place in bottom of crock pot. Cover with apple/BBQ mixture. Cook on low up to 8hrs(I find that in my crock pot 5-6 hours is best but I think my low setting is still pretty hot).
    My fave sides: sweet potatoes, corn on the cob.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:49 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Newly married and was not a cooker.... but I did the crock pot thing.... and my NDH Loved it!!!! Anything you put in the crock pot (like meat & a veggie) turns out perfect with the right seasoning. I did cornbeef and cabbage. He was in heaven *Get some good seasonings.

1JLS

Answer by 1JLS at 7:21 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Pulled pork- I just use a pork loin, add a 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke and at the end stir in open pit bbq sauce.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:21 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I just made a california roast in the crock pot very good.
    Take a pot roast throw in crock pot, large can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 package of onion soup mix, a few cloves of garlic and let it cook for about 6 hours on high (the longer you cook it the better it is). The meat comes out very tender and you can freeze it.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 7:47 AM on May. 3, 2011

• BTW, that is just as good without the bacon!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:52 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I just discovered a white chicken chili that I love. The simplest way is to buy a rotisserie chicken and remove the bones (but any cut up chicken will work), 1 box of chicken broth, 4 cans of Navy beans (mash or puree 2 cans, 2 cans whole) season to taste. I like to serve it with corn bread. Day 2 left overs, add a can of corn, can of black beans, packet of taco seasoning, serve with sour cream, cheese, tortillas and salsa for a taco soup. You can also sub turkey filets or ground turkey for the chicken.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:17 AM on May. 3, 2011