Thought i would share this quote. is this how you feel..or are you one who is "celebrating?"

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate....." — Martin Luther King Jr.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:50 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• "You have heard the law that says the punishment must match the injury: 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' Matthew 5:38

No I am not celebrating because I find this death or "end game" the news seems to want us to accept anticlimactic. Osama was already as good as dead and has second in commands who have been carrying out his wishes for years. This is not the end of anything, however I believe in an eye for an eye, which to me is basically karma. No one can escape their karma regardless of how many nice quotes we find out there.

Answer by gemgem at 7:53 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I have no sympathy in my heart for such a horrid man as Bin Laden. He had none in his for the ones we lost.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I have no sympathy yet I do not celebrate. I breathe a sigh of relief.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I for one am glad he is dead but it isn't over. I am not celebrating his death but I am celebrating what his death will mean in the end. He was a terrible man who killed thousands of people or at least was behind the killing of thousands of people. Husband, wives, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, cousins, nephews, nieces and friends were killed because of him. So for those people who lost someone because of Osama let them celebrate. If a family member of mine was killed because of him I would celebrate too. My uncle is over there right now and he is celebrating along with all of his military friends. I say good ridence to the man.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 7:58 AM on May. 3, 2011

• anon..i am kinda the same way..i have no sympathy AT ALL ..but think its silly to celebrate a death.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:58 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I do not celebrate anyone's death, but I feel relief that this one won't be responsible for more deaths......

Answer by older at 8:00 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I am glad he is gone. I feel sorry for the loved ones. If this gives them comfort for celebrating so be it.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:03 AM on May. 3, 2011

• i'm not celebrating, im relieved. but i fully understand why people are celebrating, especially the families of the nearly 3,000 people killed in the 9/11 attacks. their deaths were justified.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:05 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Powerful quote, thanks for sharing.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:09 AM on May. 3, 2011

• That quote is my FB status, and it's part of my blog from last night. I refuse to celebrate the loss of life, no matter how hated or evil the person in question might have been. What he did and what he was part of was heinous, but I'm still not going to rejoice because he was killed. I have no sympathy for him, but I don't rejoice when someone is killed, and I think that something big is going to happen now that he's been killed (retaliation or something).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:09 AM on May. 3, 2011