What are the pros and cons for having a black or bi-racial child

bi-racial couple addoptng a black or biracial child what are the pros an cons

432

Asked by 432 at 8:34 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Adoption

• i don't really see any cons. The pro's would be that they are getting to have a child to love and nuture. Why do people always assume that people that have "bi-racial" children their are going to be problems!!!?
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 8:38 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I don't see any.. being a bi-racial couple I think you two would pretty much have everything under control.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• This sounds like something my mom would ask.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 8:47 AM on May. 3, 2011

• adopting any child would provide that child with love and a stable home. That's a pro regardless of race.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:48 AM on May. 3, 2011

• You are adopting a child! Why do their have to be cons? If you had a biological child together s/he would be biracial...
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:50 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I agree with the others---why would there be any pros OR cons. I only see PROS! Why not just see that adopting a child is a wonderful thing and who cares about skin color? We ARE all alike,after all. If anyone else has a problem with your decision to adopt, it just means that they are not nice people.
    WHat matters is that you want to adopt child and give it your love and a family. Good luck and here's to a happy family!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:50 AM on May. 3, 2011

• It's not a con, it's just something new to learn, but hairstyling can be a new skill to learn - especially if you are adopting a girl. That doen't help with any pro/con list - sorry!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 8:50 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I think, depending on your outlook, there can be lots of pros, and lots of cons. What could be a pro for one person could be a con for another (example - one person might be like - WHOO HOO - we have another kid. Another person might be like - great... another mouth to feed and person to clean up after....)

However, I think the pros and cons would pretty much be the same for any child, regardless of race.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:51 AM on May. 3, 2011

• If you are going into it without a plan on how to teach the child about his/her seperate cultures, than they may have a prob. Growing up with friends that were mixed, they came off as confused about what side they should "claim" or felt they were only accepted by one side and not the other. I believe as long as the parents know that educating them on both cultures and ensuring them of how special they are, there will be no cons. And if you know how to comb kinky curly hair...lol Your set! Good Luck!
    novice2008

Answer by novice2008 at 8:52 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Yeah, that sounds like something my Grandma would say!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:01 AM on May. 3, 2011