Any suggestions for a GREAT mop??

So.. I can't find one. They either suck or they break. It's for my tile floor. I can't use chemicals either so the kind with bottles of cleaner are out.

On a side note - I would love something with a little scrubber thing on it. But that isn't as important. Thanks!

sjanel

Asked by sjanel at 2:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I have something called a Hoover floor mate, it vacuums, scrubs and then dries (well sucks up most of the water anyway it IS just a vacuum) the floor. You can put whatever floor cleaner you like in it, I use it daily in the kitchen and it works great on my tile, linoleum and hardwoods. I would never go back to a mop again.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 2:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• MrClean magic eraser mop is nice, I just got one of those you can use it with or without cleaners, I bought it at super target.
    Deb79

Answer by Deb79 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Haven't you seen the swiffer commercials?? LOL! J/K The best kind of mop that I swear by that is good for hard wood and tile is called a "bar mop." It gets more dirt and you place a clean rag over it every time so you're not just spreading germs. It picks up dog drool spots easier and food drops and will not scratch your floor.
    http://www.cleanroomconsumables.com/ct/store/cleanroom-mop.asp
    There are more simple ones then these and I wouldnt buy the towels for it. They are very expensive I reccomend thick towels you already have that you dont care about or buying the big value pack at Wal-Mart
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Or a t/bar mop
    LovinEveryDay

• I have a Libman Wonder Mop and I really like it, except it doesn't have a scrubber thing on it. But I like it mostly because I can take off the head and wash it every time I use it. (we have a big problem with dog hair and if I don't wash it, the hair stays on there and it's so gross)
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I second the Libman Wonder Mop! I have two toddlers and they make ALOT of messes, this mops has been the best one for me so far!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2008