Can my due date be off?

ok so my first app. back in december I was 8 weeks and I had an internal ultasound done. The dr asked me when I said my last menstral cycle was? I told him November 2 he was like are they always regular? I said ever since having my youngest dd (3 years ago) they have been anywhere from 21-31 days. He said that isn't that much off. He said it is showing you are fearther along. Then he said he was just going to go with the due date of August 9th which is from the date I told him. Well I have to go this Thursday for another ultrasound (I had one done at 8, 12 and 20 weeks already), because he measured my belly 2 weeks ago and I am measuring way to big he said. I have already gained 45 pounds. Is it possible that I am infact fearther along than we know? When I go Thursday will it be able to show if I am fearther along? And if I am will he just change the date of when baby is due?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Of course, it is possible, but the baby will come when it's ready, so I don't think you should worry. You might want to have everything ready a little early, just in case, but other than that, it really doesn't matter. When I had my babies, we didn't have ultrasound and all the other fancy stuff, so we were given an approximate due date and that was it. I think there was a lot less stress in having children then than there is now. There were no home pregnancy tests, either. So we just had to wait and see whether or not we were pregnant. I think it was a lot less stressful and more exciting then than now when everything is "known" or predicted ahead of time. We didn't have the means of knowing the sex of the baby ahead of time either, so "It's a boy" or "It's a gril!" was really an announcement! It was all very exciting and the waiting was a wonderful time of anticipation.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:03 AM on May. 3, 2011

• There is alays a margin of error... maybe your lmp was in fact implantation bleeding? Maybe you did get another period while pregnant.
    Stranger things have happened
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:03 AM on May. 3, 2011

• They we off with my ds by at least 2 wks. Could you be having twins?
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 9:03 AM on May. 3, 2011

• lol everyone keeps asking me if I am having twins. I dought it because I have had 3 other ultrasounds one at 8 weeks, one at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks. He done it at 12 weeks because 8 weeks was kinda early he likes to wait until you are 12 weeks befpreseeing you the first time, but I already had an app. arriganly for that day (8 weeks). Everyone when they see me think I am fearther along becasue I am so big
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 AM on May. 3, 2011

• oh and I dought my last period was implantation because I bled 4 days like I normally do and it was really heavy like it always is.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 AM on May. 3, 2011