BIRTH CONTROL PILLS PLEASE HELP?

When am supposed to start taking my birth control pills? I started drinking them today I gave birth 6 weeks ago I had my period for a hold 5 weeks but I didnt take the birth control pills so I just decided to start them today and I dont have my period Is that ok or the birth control pills will not work then????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You should start taking them on the FIRST SUNDAY AFTER YOU START YOUR PERIOD.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• talk to your doctor
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yes beckcorc is right.. you should call your dr and find out if you just take them a pack through if that will work or not.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• not trying to start a fight.. BUT why should she take it the first sunday after she starts her period?! That might work for you. but she HAS TO ask her obgyn about that. Because i had to start MY bc pill with the FIRST DAY of my PERIOD. That makes a huge difference ;)

Not every bc pill is the same so there isnt an answer for her here. She has to ask the ob that gives her the bc pill. Because now, that she just gave birth it might be also possible that she needs a different bc pill now.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my dr told me it didn't matter what day is started my period.. it had to be taken the sunday after.. so if if t started on a monday i took it the sunday after if i started on wednesday id take the sunday after if started on a saturday id start taking the sudnay after.... that is EXACTLY how he explained it to me too...

LOL maybe pils are different ormaybe things are different in Germany LOL
    =D
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• you gonna start a fight again girl? please get a life.

I lifed in the states as well.. so dont give me your bullshit.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Ok, you just gave birth 6 wks ago, correct? Most likely you're not going to get a period that soon if you're breastfeeding. Some women do, some don't. You should follow the directions or call your OB. For one, I've never heard of a BC that you drink... Different BCs are different. Some are Sunday start. Some are first-day start. But who knows when your next period is gonna come...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The first day/Sunday debate rages on. I read the little info paper about when to start (4 years ago mind you) I think the difference was how affective the first month of pills were and convenience. I agree talk to your doctor but I think you need to wait until your period.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• srhmldndo's answer just reminded me of something. When you are breastfeeding you need to ask your OB if you are actually allowed to take the "old" bc pill again. Some bc pills you cant take when you are breastfeeding.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i wasn't trying to start a fight with you honey.. i really do have better things to do with my life . i was actually being serious. Things are different in different places of the world! I'm sorry if you think all i want to do is fight with you because its not the case.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008